• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's for Christmas Dinner?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's for Christmas Dinner?

Or lunch as some might say.
    Turkey
    26.47%
    Goose
    5.88%
    Nut Roast
    2.94%
    Beef
    8.82%
    Pork
    8.82%
    Duck
    11.76%
    Chicken
    5.88%
    Bottle of whisky (or other spirit).
    11.76%
    Other (specify)
    11.76%
    Sharing a pot noodle with AndyW's mum.
    5.88%
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Usual - swan. Then swan curry for the next week, one expects.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
      Usual - swan
      Stuffed with goose?

Comment

Duck - which reminds me, need to go collect from the butcher's el pronto
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          Stuffed with goose?
          Doubtful in this age of austerity. There may be goosing opportunities later on however.

Comment

Full turkey, ham joint and beef joint

and then just a joint.

No 'Ham' on the survey so had to choose Pork

Comment

Had the main one yesterday, Brussel Sprout soup followed by Roast Beef with all the trimmings ending with Chocolate Pannacotta. Today will be Raclette
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

TFA

It's my wife and I with eldest daughter tomorrow.

For a late lunch post Brenda it's smoked salmon followed by haunch of venison cooked by yours truly. My wife has an interim Christmas pudding course whilst I sit that one out and go straight for the cheese.

We've got a very nice Saint Peray with the hors followed by a 2010 Margaux. There's a 2008 Hermitage in reserve.

Your good self?
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Thank you for your kind enquiry.

Chestnut and mushroom wellington with roasties and port gravy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    For a late lunch post Brenda it's smoked salmon followed by haunch of venison cooked by yours truly. ...Your good self?
                    I also do the cooking on Christmas day. We've got 9 adults and my grandson to feed.

I'll do a 10lb roast citrus goose (this recipe, which I've used before ), with roast potatoes, carrots and parsnips (using the goose fat, which acquires a lovely citrus flavour), bacon brussels (à la Heston Blumenthal), red cabbage (not decided yet), followed by Christmas pud and custard.

Getting the wine and brandy this afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                    X