• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Woooohoooo - just got an offer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woooohoooo - just got an offer

Just got an offer after an interview yesterday... company is household name not fancy and not the usual financial services I work with, however its a financial transformation project, am really chuffed - only draw back its in the Midlands !!

house hold name?

is it working from home?

http://www.kleeneze-team.co.uk/
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

no not working from home, from the midlands.

btw: they are offering me to claim all expenses i.e. travel and if I need to stay in a hotel (which I'd expect is going to happen at least a couole of nights a week)- how does this affect my contract/ IR35??

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown

btw: they are offering me to claim all expenses i.e. travel and if I need to stay in a hotel (which I'd expect is going to happen at least a couole of nights a week)- how does this affect my contract/ IR35??

you pay for the hotel then include your expenses (plus VAT) when you invoice them

NEVER let the client pay for you, or reimburse you directly

And congrats, i was only joking before
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Claim any expenses by adding them to your invoices and not claiming directly as the permies do.

Comment

the midlands is poo.

they also have poo accents as well.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
              the midlands is poo.

they also have poo accents as well.

I followed the advice always given on this board SHOW ME THE MONEY

Lets hope I don't regret it !

Comment

Surely its me but does interview != job

Or with contracts do they usually only send one person, get and yes/no then send another etc.

Not sure as for my first contract I was told I had the job halfway through the interview.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                  You want cheap room in Midlands? Comrade, I have plenty of room in broom cupboard. Just you and 27 PC's in there, you will be fine.

Good rent and handsome landlord with tash.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                    You want cheap room in Midlands? Comrade, I have plenty of room in broom cupboard. Just you and 27 PC's in there, you will be fine.

Good rent and handsome landlord with tash.

As the client is goign to pay for my accomodation ( through my invioces) then I'll go for a good decent accomodation!!

Sockpuppet, it all depends, it all varies, once (a few years back) I went to an interview and the first question they asked me was 'when can you start' for this contract they had 2 vacancies and they interviewed 3 people (all from the same agency). I've been to interviewed where I was a perfect fit, but didn't get the job! I think luck and the personality the person they are looking for plays a big part.

Comment

Working...
                    X