• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Zwifters on here?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Zwifters on here?

i know this is in general, so I expect the usual p-taking, but just wondering if there are any other Zwifters on here. Excellent way to keep fit if you're a little chubby (and I expect many on here are) and could help some of you lose a little blubber next year.
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

What poster is in Whorty's saddle?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      What poster is in Whorty's saddle?
      What does that even mean? You need to lay off the port

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        i know this is in general, so I expect the usual p-taking, but just wondering if there are any other Zwifters on here.
        I'm using the low-budget method....

Comment

i know this is in general, so I expect the usual p-taking, but just wondering if there are any other Zwifters on here. Excellent way to keep fit if you're a little chubby (and I expect many on here are) and could help some of you lose a little blubber next year.
          No, but when I got my Wattbike Atom I got trial subscriptions to TrainerRoad, The Sufferfest, and TrainingPeaks.

Probably won't use them, though, only really need to know cadence, heart rate, and power.

All part of the preparations for LEJOG in spring 2020.

Comment

Yep, at this time of year I spend more time riding around Watopia than my local roads ...

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
              Yep, at this time of year I spend more time riding around Watopia than my local roads ...
              Very busy on all routes this week. Everyone trying to burn off the excesses Looking to do the Rapha 4 Horsemen challenge in the 30th ... will be a big turnout, but be interesting how any complete the whole course.

Comment

Originally posted by RetSet View Post
                No, but when I got my Wattbike Atom I got trial subscriptions to TrainerRoad, The Sufferfest, and TrainingPeaks.

Probably won't use them, though, only really need to know cadence, heart rate, and power.

All part of the preparations for LEJOG in spring 2020.
                Chap I know had the Wattbike but sold it on - he couldn't get on with it on Zwift. Gear changing was slow which was not conducive to racing. Seems to work really well in ERG mode though.

Good luck on the LeJog training - not an easy challenge. You doing it on your own unsupported, or with a group?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
                  Yep, at this time of year I spend more time riding around TWatopia than my local roads ...
                  ftfy

Comment

Good luck on the LeJog training - not an easy challenge. You doing it on your own unsupported, or with a group?
                    I'll be doing it in a supported group. It's been a number of decades since I last clocked up 10k miles in a year, so I'll be doing the easy 21 day schedule. I figure I can handle a couple of hours at pottering speed each morning, and the same again in the afternoons... After I've survived the first few days getting out of Cornwall & Devon!

Comment

Working...
                    X