• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Making Tax Digital

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Tax Digital

With the introduction of the above - does anyone know of any products that are free?

At the moment I do all the accounts myself on excel, but from March will need to use a tool to submit - unless I stay under the 85k turnover threshold.

Thanks BB
    Cenedl heb iaith, cenedl heb galon

This was asked not so long ago. Unfortunately it got moved to General due to the poster being a well known cockwomble but there is some useful info in there for you.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...submisson.html
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      This was asked not so long ago. Unfortunately it got moved to General due to the poster being a well known cockwomble but there is some useful info in there for you.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...submisson.html
      Many Thanks NorthernLad.

As an aside I saw this quote from you in that thread:

"Just had a thought. Should the OP really still be on FRS? Many of us aren't anymore. If OP is doing his own accounting and is so focussed on evasion he's missing the basics?"

I've been on FRS for about 10 years - I pay at 14% - how would I save even more?

Thanks

BB

Comment

Originally posted by Bluebird View Post
        I've been on FRS for about 10 years - I pay at 14% - how would I save even more?

Thanks

BB
        14%? Which category are you? Not a limited cost trader?

Comment

Originally posted by Dom at Fox Bartfield View Post
          14%? Which category are you? Not a limited cost trader?
          Sorry meant 14.5

Comment

Many Thanks NorthernLad.

As an aside I saw this quote from you in that thread:

"Just had a thought. Should the OP really still be on FRS? Many of us aren't anymore. If OP is doing his own accounting and is so focussed on evasion he's missing the basics?"

Thanks

BB
            Your accountant should be able to advise you based on your individual circumstances. Do you have an accountant?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

VAT

Sorry meant 14.5
              Are you a limited cost trader that should now be on 16.5% as per the link here?

Comment

Speak to your accountant, from speaking to mine this is already covered and they will do this for me (already covered in the fees).

This is why it is important to make sure your accountant is up to speed on these requirements/changes.

WLB

Comment

Originally posted by Dom at Fox Bartfield View Post
                  Are you a limited cost trader that should now be on 16.5% as per the link here?
                  No, not limited cost trader.

Comment

No, not limited cost trader.
                    If you are correct then you are probably better off on the FRS.

But most here are IT contractors where it seems almost impossible to not be a LCT.

Comment

Working...
                    X