• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The euro has failed, threatens democracy, and should be abolished...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The euro has failed, threatens democracy, and should be abolished...

Ambrose Evans-Pritchard is the ToryGraph moron who keeps writing this bulltulip...

The euro has failed, threatens democracy, and should be abolished

Sad indictment of affairs in this country when supposedly respectable business newspaper like ToryGraph posts such bulltulip all the time

I await your compelling counter-argument.

Comment

Euro hasn't been very good for Italy... but has been excellent for Germany

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        When I was a kid the Pound was king. It was used in Ireland, Cyprus, Malta, Israel and other in the Sterling Area. The UK economy sank and and the pound in places like Cyprus had more value than the GBP. If you think the Euro is F***** then GBP is double F*****
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Are the Germans going to bale out the Irish, Greeks, Italians and Spaniards?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            They are doing it every day by providing solid foundation to the single currency which keeps inflation low.

It amazes me to see morons commenting on how bad Italy got it when their lira was exchanged at rate of 2000 loars for 1 euro

2 fooking thousand - they’d be in the millions by now without euro

Comment

Well if bail out means 'occupy' then yes they have a bit of previous.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Well if bail out means 'occupy' then yes they have a bit of previous.
                I thought about the "or are they going to simply occupy the other EU states and start the 4th Reich?".
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

I thought about the "or are they going to simply occupy the other EU states and start the 4th Reich?".
                  If they do, will the U.K. retreat and need to be bailed out again?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                    If they do, will the U.K. retreat and need to be bailed out again?
                    If by retreat do you mean Operation Dynamo? Where I hasten to add, civilians risked their lives helping to rescue more than 336,000 British and French soldiers who were trapped on the beaches at Dunkirk during the Second World War.

As for bailed out, we were aided by our allies, just as Germany was aided by its own.

Comment

Working...
                    X