PDA

View Full Version : The euro has failed, threatens democracy, and should be abolished...

AtW
3rd January 2019, 11:12
Ambrose Evans-Pritchard is the ToryGraph moron who keeps writing this bulltulip...

The euro has failed, threatens democracy, and should be abolished (https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/01/02/euro-has-failed-threatens-democracy-should-abolished/)

Sad indictment of affairs in this country when supposedly respectable business newspaper like ToryGraph posts such bulltulip all the time

TwoWolves
3rd January 2019, 11:20
I await your compelling counter-argument.

Platypus
3rd January 2019, 11:30
Euro hasn't been very good for Italy... but has been excellent for Germany :tongue

Paddy
3rd January 2019, 11:42
Euro hasn't been very good for Italy... but has been excellent for Germany :tongue

When I was a kid the Pound was king. It was used in Ireland, Cyprus, Malta, Israel and other in the Sterling Area. The UK economy sank and and the pound in places like Cyprus had more value than the GBP. If you think the Euro is F***** then GBP is double F*****

Zigenare
3rd January 2019, 11:44

Are the Germans going to bale out the Irish, Greeks, Italians and Spaniards?

AtW
3rd January 2019, 11:51

They are doing it every day by providing solid foundation to the single currency which keeps inflation low.

It amazes me to see morons commenting on how bad Italy got it when their lira was exchanged at rate of 2000 loars for 1 euro

2 fooking thousand - they’d be in the millions by now without euro

original PM
3rd January 2019, 11:56

Well if bail out means 'occupy' then yes they have a bit of previous.

Zigenare
3rd January 2019, 12:12

I thought about the "or are they going to simply occupy the other EU states and start the 4th Reich?".

meridian
3rd January 2019, 12:34
I thought about the "or are they going to simply occupy the other EU states and start the 4th Reich?".

If they do, will the U.K. retreat and need to be bailed out again?

Zigenare
3rd January 2019, 12:43
If they do, will the U.K. retreat and need to be bailed out again?

If by retreat do you mean Operation Dynamo? Where I hasten to add, civilians risked their lives helping to rescue more than 336,000 British and French soldiers who were trapped on the beaches at Dunkirk during the Second World War.

As for bailed out, we were aided by our allies, just as Germany was aided by its own.

meridian
3rd January 2019, 12:57
If by retreat do you mean Operation Dynamo? Where I hasten to add, civilians risked their lives helping to rescue more than 336,000 British and French soldiers who were trapped on the beaches at Dunkirk during the Second World War.

As for bailed out, we were aided by our allies, just as Germany was aided by its own.

A simple "yes" would have done.

Yorkie62
3rd January 2019, 12:58

What do you mean start? You see that is the beauty of the plan. You don't know its started because its all being done by stealth.:popcorn:

scooterscot
3rd January 2019, 13:01
Pound hasn't been very good for Scotland... but has been excellent for England :tongue

FTFY

TwoWolves
3rd January 2019, 18:31
They are doing it every day by providing solid foundation to the single currency which keeps inflation low.

It amazes me to see morons commenting on how bad Italy got it when their lira was exchanged at rate of 2000 loars for 1 euro

2 fooking thousand - they’d be in the millions by now without euro

It also makes their goods and services very unattractive to external customers both within the EU and outside. That's the problem, that's why they can't pay off their debt.

Platypus
3rd January 2019, 19:18
FTFY

Thanks Scooter! If the Scots want their own currency, go right ahead ! :smile

EDIT: could be the Euro soon :laugh

scooterscot
3rd January 2019, 21:10
Hope Scotland joins the Euro. The UK needs to join the Euro. That would be sweet.

Platypus
4th January 2019, 10:31
The UK needs to join the Euro.

I believe it's widely accepted that this would have been very bad for the UK. Perhaps that's what you meant? :ohwell

Mordac
4th January 2019, 15:37
Hope Scotland joins the Euro. The UK needs to join the Euro. That would be sweet.

Dream on, they won't let Scotland in. They have enough basket-case economies already :laugh

Federico Razzoli
4th January 2019, 16:49
If they include Scotland, they will have whiskey. Which means, no more reasons to have commerce with the UK :D

scooterscot
4th January 2019, 17:54
I believe it's widely accepted that this would have been very bad for the UK. Perhaps that's what you meant? :ohwell

It would have been better for the UK.

40% of our trade is with Euro using countries, not no more need for companies to buy up wods of Euro to hedge their bets in these uncertain times.

Mordac
4th January 2019, 19:13
It would have been better for the UK.

40% of our trade is with Euro using countries, not no more need for companies to buy up wods of Euro to hedge their bets in these uncertain times.

What about not having any control over inflation and interest rates? It's not just about trade, Scooty...

vetran
4th January 2019, 20:51
FTFY

odd really as we give them 1.5 more £ per head than the British.

vetran
4th January 2019, 20:55
If they include Scotland, they will have whiskey. Which means, no more reasons to have commerce with the UK :D

yeah right

World Whiskies Awards 2018 - Winners (http://www.worldwhiskiesawards.com/winner/whisky/2018/worlds-best-single-malt-world-whiskies-awards-2018)

scooterscot
4th January 2019, 22:34
What about not having any control over inflation and interest rates? It's not just about trade, Scooty...

Control over inflation? Exactly what has the government done to control inflation? Everything is more expensive as a result of uncontrolled inflation and rock bottom interest rates, food, houses, basic services from rail etc. Clearly having control does not benefit the UK economy.

scooterscot
4th January 2019, 22:38
odd really as we give them 1.5 more £ per head than the British.

You can keep your worthless printed paper.

Central banks are the cause of all our problems.

Mordac
5th January 2019, 00:42
Control over inflation? Exactly what has the government done to control inflation? Everything is more expensive as a result of uncontrolled inflation and rock bottom interest rates, food, houses, basic services from rail etc. Clearly having control does not benefit the UK economy.

Oh Dear. Economics clearly wasn't your subject in Playgroup, was it...

scooterscot
5th January 2019, 19:48
Yeah, deflect when you can't reason. Tiring but not unexpected.

Whorty
5th January 2019, 20:25

Mr Paranoid spouts the usual tosh :laugh

vetran
5th January 2019, 20:30
You can keep your worthless printed paper.

If only

Barnett formula - Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnett_formula)