• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Operation Brock - England expects

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Operation Brock - England expects

Today is St. Crispin's Day! Not the Agincourt Crispin but a bargain bucket substitute, but this is the day to remember past glories and turn the tide. Remember El Alamein, sons of Albion.

Brexit: Manston Airport hosts lorry park trial - BBC News

150 lorries were expected, apparently only 83 turned up but they need to test with the normal 5000 that daily use this route...

Edit...maybe only 79 lorries and 6000 daily
    Last edited by darmstadt; 7 January 2019, 09:40.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      150 lorries were expected, apparently only 83 turned up but they need to test with the normal 5000 that daily use this route...

One driver claims he was only offered fuel expenses. Shauny will be sending him a white feather, once he's finished serving tea and rich teas to the patriots.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Sounds like the kind of performance testing that Accenture run for us....

Comment

Some treacherous Lib Dems MP is merrily talking the country down. Some people just can't bear it when the UK triumphs.

This is a taxpayer funded farce. No deal doesn't need to be a real prospect but the government are just throwing money down the drain for effect.

Chris Grayling and his department have spent tens of thousands to create the spectacle of vehicles in a traffic jam to get into a disused airport , who then wait on the site for the green light to then create a traffic jam by snaking their way, in convoy, to Dover.

The idea that creating a fake traffic jam will show the EU we are ready for no deal is just plain stupid. On days like this you have to think the UK has made a wrong turn somewhere.

Comment

And you think the sight of all those fooking self centred ******* in Westminster who seem to think they have some sort of final say on Brexit is not farcical.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              And you think the sight of all those fooking self centred ******* in Westminster who seem to think they have some sort of final say on Brexit is not farcical.

And how does that justify spending tax payers' money on trundling less than 100 lorries across Kent?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                And how does that justify spending tax payers' money on trundling less than 100 lorries across Kent?
                News this evening suggests only about 80 lorries being used to model the usual 10,000 lorries that use Dover each day. If I did such poor job stress testing systems my teams develop I'd be kicked out and be black listed by agencies. But apparently it's OK when this shambles of a Tory government do such bollox, paid for by us tax payers, and the gammons lap it up
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    But apparently it's OK when this shambles of a Tory government do such bollox, paid for by us tax payers
                    Oh I was under the impression that it had been universally ridiculed, like the ferries thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X