• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brexit: The Uncivil War (C4)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brexit: The Uncivil War (C4)

Anyone see this? I thought it was rather good telly

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Anyone see this? I thought it was rather good telly
    Looking at the Brexit Twittersphere, the Leavers don't so C4 is getting a bashing
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Yup, I thought it was very good too.

Comment

+1.
        very entertaining, i thought .

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          Looking at the Brexit Twittersphere, the Leavers don't so C4 is getting a bashing
          From its Remain perspective, the Guardian is also not a fan. Opinion seems to be split roughly 52:48

Comment

I though it was quite compelling viewing. It did highlight the dangers of social media and how it can be used to mange voters expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              I though it was quite compelling viewing. It did highlight the dangers of social media and how it can be used to mange voters expectations.
              I'd really like to hope that society isn't that influenced by "social media" - however, something tells me that's a vain hope!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                I'd really like to hope that society isn't that influenced by "social media" - however, something tells me that's a vain hope!
                Come on you know that if its reported on Facebook then it is indisputable fact. Everybody on Facebook says so, so it must be true.

Comment

Lots of comments from Brexiteer accounts on Twitter last night saying "we didn't vote Leave because of a social media campaign, we've wanted this for years" etc.

I think the key point - which a lot of them seemed to miss - is that they weren't trying to influence everyone using social media, just the floating/undecided people in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
                    Lots of comments from Brexiteer accounts on Twitter last night saying "we didn't vote Leave because of a social media campaign, we've wanted this for years" etc.

I think the key point - which a lot of them seemed to miss - is that they weren't trying to influence everyone using social media, just the floating/undecided people in the middle.
                    It's fairly safe to say that the campaign managers were savvy. They wouldn't have spent £675,000 on social media advertising* if they didn't think it would have any effect.

*Including "ads" that didn't really look like advertising

Comment

Working...
                    X