• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Alliance and Leicester deposit accounts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alliance and Leicester deposit accounts

Anybody have one?

I've been trying to get one. It's taken a month so far, and today: "there are aspects of your application that fall outside our Commercial Bank Account Opening policy".

I only want a deposit account to put some money in for a while and get some interest. I could understand if I was trying to get an overdraft or loan, but what can they have against me using them to hold onto my money for me?

The most annoying thing is why couldn't they have just told me what the criteria is before they drew me in with promises of great interest rates.

Grrrr.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Nat west had the same issue with me...

Then again I opened a student account got a £5k interest-free overdraft (friendly with the bank manager) and stuck it in a isa and took the interest.

At the end of the year put the £5k back in the student account which they then took off me.

Hey so I only got £250 but it was free money.

Comment

Working...
    X