• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU developer who was exploiting the UK moans as he had to leave!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU developer who was exploiting the UK moans as he had to leave!

Tech developer quits UK saying Brexit has ‘killed’ his business | Politics | The Guardian

Couldn't hack the drop in the £ making cheap offshore resources too expensive. Shame the article doesn't seem to have his surname. It'd be interesting to find out a bit about his company, clients and where he is based.

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
    Tech developer quits UK saying Brexit has ‘killed’ his business | Politics | The Guardian
    This is so funny on many different levels. He was exploiting the UK then when here had to pay his non UK IT staff more moved to Switzerland instead!!
    Typical fifth column defeatist misinformation. If the Guardian was writing this stuff in wartime, they'd be strung up as Enemies of the Folk.

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
      This is so funny on many different levels. He was exploiting the UK
      Exploiting the UK how? By setting up a business here and paying taxes? The cad!

then when here had to pay his non UK IT staff more moved to Switzerland instead!!
      Does it say he was paying them more, or that the cost of paying them increased?

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
        Exploiting the UK how? By setting up a business here and paying taxes? The cad!

Does it say he was paying them more, or that the cost of paying them increased?
        He couldn't compete in the labour market with the jam, tea and biscuit manufacturers gearing up for the export boom.

Comment

How was he exploiting UK if he moved here to pay taxes?

The fact that he moved to Switzerland kind of hints that he was making decent money, that will now be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            How was he exploiting UK if he moved here to pay taxes?

The fact that he moved to Switzerland kind of hints that he was making decent money, that will now be gone.
            He set up in business in the UK (presumably because he liked it here) but then hired offshore workers (because they were much cheapness). Then he moans about the cost of said cheap workforce going up. I don't think he'll be missed. He sounds like a bit of an arse to me.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
              He set up in business in the UK (presumably because he liked it here) but then hired offshore workers (because they were much cheapness). Then he moans about the cost of said cheap workforce going up. I don't think he'll be missed. He sounds like a bit of an arse to me.
              Good for you.

Comment

He paid tax here, now he won’t

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  He paid tax here, now he won’t
                  He might have paid tax here, but his workers didn't. They paid their tax in India. We've hardly lost the next Steve Jobs here, and speaking of which, are you staying or going?
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

He might have paid tax here, but his workers didn't. They paid their tax in India. We've hardly lost the next Steve Jobs here, and speaking of which, are you staying or going?
                    I am a Remainer

Comment

Working...
                    X