• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Telemarketing calls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telemarketing calls

Do you get pestered too?

I am even tired to hang up and hear the phone still talking..... anyone know any solution to this problem(apart from unplugging the landline)?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Registering with the telephone preference service will reduce the volume greatly. It doesn't protect you from overseas call centres though.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
      Registering with the telephone preference service will reduce the volume greatly. It doesn't protect you from overseas call centres though.
      Unfortunately there seems to be more and more of them
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

As said before, register a premium rate line, and ask them to call you back on it, saying you are really interested. If you have a limited company, you are considered a legitimate user - say you need it to provide technical support.

Or just leave them on, put your phone on mute and let them run up a bill.
        Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Registered with the TPS and can't say I've noticed a blind bit of difference.

PS I got phoned up the other day and offered a cheap subscription to the Daily Telegraph "as a regular reader". Since I buy it at the shop and it is not delivered how did they know??
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth

PS I got phoned up the other day and offered a cheap subscription to the Daily Telegraph "as a regular reader". Since I buy it at the shop and it is not delivered how did they know??
            You need to ask?

Bwaahahahahahaha
            Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
            threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth

I flip between the Telegraph and the Times - I find the Telegraph too lightweight and suffers from the girlie disease of endless diaries, fashion and very weak technical reporting- often I have finished long before London Bridge on my daily commute.
              Whereas the Times reports a wider range of topics, it also suffers the same afflictions, has the Murdoch bias but has sufficient 'news' to pass the LB test.
              I tried the Indie - but that felt like voting for the Lib Dems.
              I was going to try reading the BNP's Spearhead on the train going in - to see if it provoked a response
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
              X