• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prison doesn't look so bad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prison doesn't look so bad

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...l/nn1page1.stm

they even have IT training courses being run
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Maybe thats where AtW has gone to brush up on some skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
      http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...l/nn1page1.stm

they even have IT training courses being run
      So you didn't know that all IT contractors were ex-convicts?
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        that would explain:
        At Chelmsford Prison, educational facilities include a barber's salon, IT classes and cookery lessons.

There is significant take-up of English lessons among the many foreign prisoners.
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
          that would explain:
          There is significant take-up of English lessons among the many foreign prisoners.
          Paradoxically, johnny foreigners had been taking english lessons at school before they got settled here, while not all english people had done so. Don't be ashamed to mail me privately to be explained the difference between past perfect progressive and past perfect continous.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            Not ex convicts, but deemed convicts... I can't say more as Gordon says it's going to be announced in a 'pre-budget speech'....
            Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Working...
            X