• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MTD in excel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MTD in excel

Has anyone got hold of any hook in to the hmrc apis for excel to submit VAT returns to them?

I dont want to write one or subscribe to Xero or any other paid service for no good reason at all

tah

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
    I dont want to write one or subscribe to Xero or any other paid service for no good reason at all
    Strange, I can think of many good reasons for subscribing to an online bookkeeping and accounting package. Including MTD support.

Comment

Nah. Just pay your monies and enjoy simplicity.

https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...x-digital.html

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
        Strange, I can think of many good reasons for subscribing to an online bookkeeping and accounting package. Including MTD support.
        ok one good reason

why pay £240 a year for something that took me an hour total last year and would probably drop to a half hr as a result..

i havr no other need for these things, my accounts are super simple

Comment

MTD in excel

A quick google comes up with 2 excel options immediately.

Or build your own and sell it.

IMO not worth the hassle when it goes tits up and you don’t have the support. But good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
            ok one good reason

why pay £240 a year for something that took me an hour total last year and would probably drop to a half hr as a result..

i havr no other need for these things, my accounts are super simple
            You'd be surprised the number of people come on here saying their accounts are super simple and then missing a trick which has cost them a lot more then £240.

There was a guy that missed the VAT change recently and now has a lot of work to backdate everything for example.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X