PDA

View Full Version : Remote contracting - move to a tax haven?

DkPowers
25th January 2019, 21:09
Has anyone done this?

Got a long term IT contract that I can work remotely on. Wondering if its worth moving to a "tax haven" and living and working there? I have no reason to stay in the UK really. Where would be a good place to go? Jersey seems like it could be a good shout.

northernladuk
25th January 2019, 22:04
Yep. It's sucj a good idea everyone is doing it... Oh.. Hang on...

GeorgeR
6th February 2019, 11:41
Yes, I heard that no registration of trust accounts is required among the companies that administer individual financial accounts on the island. They are proud of "high measures of privacy" and so on. But income tax rates there are about 20%, am I right? Isn't it still high?

LondonManc
6th February 2019, 18:09
Why move? The hassle of that must outweigh the benefits, especially when you're on-site again next time round.

malvolio
6th February 2019, 22:07
Have you got enough free cash to meet their residency rules? For example, can you generate enough income to pay £175k a year in taxes at 20%? :tongue

GreenMirror
7th February 2019, 09:52
I do know of someone who has done this. You have to be very very careful how this is set up.

Fred Bloggs
4th March 2019, 12:25
Has anyone done this?

Got a long term IT contract that I can work remotely on. Wondering if its worth moving to a "tax haven" and living and working there? I have no reason to stay in the UK really. Where would be a good place to go? Jersey seems like it could be a good shout.
Isle of Man? Zero rate tax of corporation tax.

SimonMac
4th March 2019, 12:29
Most agencies won't work with non England, Wales or Scotland Ltd Co

truffy
30th March 2019, 13:31
If you've got the skills to contract, you likely have the skills to freelance online as well and get a wider client base, always fancied Labuan myself in Malaysia