• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snow day anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snow day anyone?

Normally I'd pile into the office if there was 10ft of snow so as to not lose a days billing....

ALAS, schools are closed. My dear wife is a District Nurse so can't bail at the last minute so today is down to me for childcare. Alas, can't leave 5 year olds home alone.

Client being a right c@ck about WFH for contractors which is disappointing. (Well one guy).

So Peppa Pig, Sooty, and Barbie box set marathon for me.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Normally I'd pile into the office if there was 10ft of snow so as to not lose a days billing....

ALAS, schools are closed. My dear wife is a District Nurse so can't bail at the last minute so today is down to me for childcare. Alas, can't leave 5 year olds home alone.

Client being a right c@ck about WFH for contractors which is disappointing. (Well one guy).

So Peppa Pig, Sooty, and Barbie box set marathon for me.
    You could at least upgrade to Ben and Holly, Hey Dugee, and My Little Pony.

Comment

Big on Sarah & Duck in my house, very surreal.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        Big on Sarah & Duck in my house, very surreal.
        Excellent choice.

Comment

Funny that everyone around you is a cock. Isn't there a saying about that?

Why are people cocks just because you don't get your way?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working from home but need to get my hair cut and buy a new golf driver. So pretty pissed as the roads are ice. Might just take the afternoon off and watch a decent horror movie.

Comment

worked from home wednesday and Thursday

everything seems fine in Manchester today

where are you lot?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                worked from home wednesday and Thursday

everything seems fine in Manchester today

where are you lot?
                I've moved up into the sticks so about 40 mins away from Manchester but lots of the roads aren't gritted. So it's a bit of a nightmare getting anywhere, seriously thinking of selling the Porsche and getting a Discovery Sport - the Porsche can't deal with a light frosting never mind 3 day old ice.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  Working from home but need to get my hair cut and buy a new golf driver. So pretty pissed as the roads are ice. Might just take the afternoon off and watch a decent horror movie.
                  Can the Bentley driver not drive the golf too?

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                    Can the Bentley driver not drive the golf too?
                    I'm afraid the Bentley driver has been poached by HRM, apparently, one of the royals keeps crashing into the peasants.

Comment

Working...
                    X