• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Co and Divorce...Pls help me :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Co and Divorce...Pls help me :)

So, I set up my company 75 % shareholder with my wife at 25%....and yes surprise surprise like many others in here divorce is in progress. She is a director and employee, and is being very nasty about all this. She has taken all the accounts, upset the accountant so he resigned and she is looking for anyway to cause a problem. I haven't been able to pay the vat even as the bank account is in joint names and frozen. So now, for the time being prosperity4 is my agent.....and how cheap are they....

So, can anyone offer any advice to a contractor in need? Can I dismiss my ex?

Thanks everyone, and Merry Christman!
    Paul

Well the VAT money is money that is owed to the VAT, now if the judge is allowing that to be frozen then you are well and truely fscked. Seriously, seen it several times before: the judge just don't like you and you're buggered, (s)he wants you in jail. Best to just pack a bag, say goodbye to everything and fsck off to another country, 'cause it isn't going to have any better outcome.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Hmmm... very tempting. At the mo I'm considering instructing an insolvency practitioner who can wind it all up....the problem being I cant get a price...so effectively the bill will be whatever it costs. Given that theres difficulties then I am writing off what money is in the bank

But if I can remove her as a director and employee that gives me more options I think..need to be careful of employment rights and all the bullsh1t that shouldnt apply. But in the current climate if I even wear the wrong aftershave it'll cost me a solicitors bill..
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by eyepeetee
        ... So now, for the time being prosperity4 is my agent.....and how cheap are they....
        Johnny Talibani Mumbai

Comment

Why be worried about how much an insolvency practitioner will cost? If you take that path you're insolvent, and do remember to send the VAT their certificate back... Anyways you'd be best talking to the VAT ASAP explaining what is happening, 'cause if you dither and put that off they will be well upset. If you're real lucky they might be persuaded to write the judge and ask him/her not to be such a silly arse.

Anyways, what are you doing working whilst all this is going on? Sounds like you're on the way to a nervous breakdown. Best get yourself signed on the sick and take in a well deserved holiday. Fail to come back.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

As a fellow director she is also jointly responsible for the conduct of the company. If you are facing prison then so is she. If you can demonstrate that she is alone is responsible for the failure of the company to pay the government it’s taxes (almost a capital offence) then she is the prime candidate for chokey.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

What a nice cheery Xmas thread!!

Mate, without doubt ring and speak to the VAT people asap. Also get a solicitor who deals with this sort of thing. You need to absolutely everything by the book.
              Buffoon is right about her being as resposible as you for the company, but it sounds like theres no point trying to reason with her now.

Wha a ***** of a lass - I whole heartedly apologise on behalf of my gender.
              The pope is a tard.

Comment

I reckon a hitman would be cheaper and more satisfying in this situation...
                Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
                  I reckon a hitman would be cheaper and more satisfying in this situation...
                  Anyone know if hitmen fall under allowable expenses?
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

eyepeetee,

Nice time of year to do this eh ?

Firstly
                    As advised previously, telephone the VAT man and explain your wife has run off with the accounts and has frozen the bank a/c. The VATman can always get his money by issuing your bank with a Garnishy order. Maybe even suggest it to the VATman. If the money's there the bank by law have to pay it, frozen a/c or not.

Tell the VATman your wife's address informing them that is where you believe the records are being held. Your wife is likely then to have a surprise when the VATman comes a calling to inspect the records.

Next
                    Start another Ltd and a new bank a/c asap. Do not pay or allow to be paid as much as possible, any more monies into your old Ltd bank a/c. That a/c is extremely vulnerable.

Same goes for your personal a/c.

Your wife has not just threatened to be vindictive - she's already started. What you can control do take control of asap.

If you have a mortgage seriously consider stopping paying the mortgage if your wife is unwilling to contribute to it, thereby protecting an investment she will no doubt expect to share. Easiest way to stop paying it is to arrange for a '12 month mortgage holiday'.

Don't 'rush' to a solicitor. First take control of what you can do ... and now.

Comment

Working...
                    X