• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cost of LCD tv's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of LCD tv's

Farken hell, for around £300 you can have a half decent 26 incher!

Wasnt so long ago when those puppies were pushing £1000 each!!!

Mailman

That's why Gordon includes them in the daily basket of essentials to show inflation is at an all time low!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      That's why Gordon includes them in the daily basket of essentials to show inflation is at an all time low!

Actually, I think it is part of the CPI data. Haven't checked my facts but consumer durables like that are counted. And, yes it is keeping headline inflation down masking problems in other areas.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Its probably right that something like a tv should be included...after all, everyone needs one

Then again, the low cost of LCD's has absolutely nothing to do with Gordo's economic policies...and probably just as well otherwise these things would be over £1000 each for a 12 inch model!

Regards

Mailman

Comment

Why would you want to stick with CRT's? Are you the kind of guy who gets off on size?

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            Why would you want to stick with CRT's? Are you the kind of guy who gets off on size?

Mailman
            Maybe he's the kind of guy that doesn't need to waste money or resources on pointless tat just to float his own ego.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
              Maybe he's the kind of guy that doesn't need to waste money or resources on pointless tat just to float his own ego.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh what a silly thing to say

If you are in the hunt for a new tv why would you get a CRT over an LCD...especially when they cost about the same and the quality if the image is superior on an LCD tv.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                  Oh what a silly thing to say

If you are in the hunt for a new tv why would you get a CRT over an LCD...especially when they cost about the same and the quality if the image is superior on an LCD tv.

Mailman
                  Because I couldn't give a tulipe about 'hunting' for some bit of consumer CRT/LCD electronic garbage - I have a life (poor as it is)!

If the quality of your TV picture defines your life, then I really pity you.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Because I couldn't give a tulipe about 'hunting' for some bit of consumer CRT/LCD electronic garbage - I have a life (poor as it is)!

If the quality of your TV picture defines your life, then I really pity you.
                    What a crap answer. Then everything we discuss in here must somehow define our life. If you don't give a tulipe just avoid replying. You would look less of a miserable grumpy old git than what you appear from your replies.

What Zeit said would have made sense 2-3 years ago. Now there is no point in going for a CRT. And no, my life doesn't depend on that.*

* but I can't wait that the TV bench arrives so I can unwrap the new 42'' inches plasma monster.
                    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Working...
                    X