• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Sales

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sales

Ok, am going to venture and go visit a few shops to see what's on sale, I wanted to have a look at Commet to see their laptops .. I know I know I should just order the internet, but am a girlie and going round the shop just has its appeal ... and of course will also have a look at the clothes shops
    Wish me luck...

wait for the January sale when all the stuff will be 75% off

Comment

Ok - back now managed to aviod clothes shops

Anyway I have found 2 possible laptops that I may purchase, the HP DV2175 EA and PhilipsX55P.

Bothe have similar specs, the Philips is really nice and light very portable I can carry in my hand bag - the HP looks cool, and has a larger screen and heavier to carry around, but at least would be easy on the eyes when working long hours.

What do you think??

Comment

Price please.

Make sure you get one of those reduction calculation thingies some group is handing out in the street cause some people are too dumb to work out percentages for themselves!

Mailman

Comment

both between £800 to £900, not much difference as I said, its only the physical size..

<reduction calculation thingies > Huh?? what are you on about?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
            Ok - back now managed to aviod clothes shops

Anyway I have found 2 possible laptops that I may purchase, the HP DV2175 EA and PhilipsX55P.

Bothe have similar specs, the Philips is really nice and light very portable I can carry in my hand bag - the HP looks cool, and has a larger screen and heavier to carry around, but at least would be easy on the eyes when working long hours.

What do you think??
            Sandy - I've just bought the Philips one, very very good!!! But I got it on line, and also got £40 off the price by searching google for a discount code!!!! I got there bundle inc. a skype phone, case, DVD-r's and a 512Mb stick...I'd recoment it, it was ether comet or dixons can't remember which.
            SA says;
            Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            (whatever these are)

Comment

n5gooner - I'd probably buy it in the shop (Currys) but will not buy it till early next week, and I'd need it immediately so don't want to wait for the delivery (having to stay at home, then discovering they haen't delivered bits etc!!) so will just go and get it from the shop... would the discount code work in the shop as well??

thanks very much.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                both between £800 to £900, not much difference as I said, its only the physical size..

<reduction calculation thingies > Huh?? what are you on about?
                Check out the BBC. Some group was giving out calculators because they reckon certain sections of society were missing out on savings because they couldnt work out the savings on offer

I would have thought this was a very good example of why dumb people are poor!

Mailman

Comment

errrrrrr at electronic shops it the carboard says..

Was £899
                  Now: £799
                  Save £100

So what's there to calculate???

I presume you are on the clothe kind of sale which says 25% discount etc... but thanks anyway, I never buy something withou knowing exactly how much savings am doing.. that's not to say I have bought things and regreted it !!

Comment

For the love of allah, just forget I ever mentioned anything about a bloody calculator!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X