• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What one's Avatar Conveys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What one's Avatar Conveys

Clearly, some of the more mentally-deficient posters hereabout seem to think that we are, in fact, our very avatars!

Yes, yes. There, there. Of course we are!

I am obviously a grumpy, smelly old tramp

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

I bet if you used 3 words to describe your avatar, you'd find that those words are what you like to be described as yourself.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      I bet if you used 3 words to describe your avatar, you'd find that those words are what you like to be described as yourself.
      And what three words would you use to describe your own avatar?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
        Clearly, some of the more mentally-deficient posters hereabout seem to think that we are, in fact, our very avatars!

Yes, yes. There, there. Of course we are!

I am obviously a grumpy, smelly old tramp
        There should be some necessary psychological association between the avatar and the person. To many you give the idea of an old grumpy and smelly tramp. Perhaps you are in reality 25 years old, but hey, it's what is inside that counts.
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

And what three words would you use to describe your own avatar?

Probaby sweet, cute and childlike.

Although I'm sure many people would describe me as many other things
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            Probaby sweet, cute and childlike.

Although I'm sure many people would describe me as many other things
            So is that how you imagine yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              Perhaps you are in reality 25 years old, but hey, it's what is inside that counts.
              I am, in fact, 50 years old.

Comment

And I would never have described your avatar as a grumpy old tramp Bogey...

He looks more like a wise old fella, in black and white...which could mean your stuck in the past? Or have rugged good looks (as black and white photos are always more flatterring).

francko's would be -
                macho
                mysterious
                hidden (depths perhaps? Or just a big beard?)
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

I am, in fact, 50 years old.
                  You are a wise bitter grumpy middle-aged man. Does it sound better?
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

So is that how you imagine yourself?

All of us are many different things...but yeah I guess if I had to choose 3 words to describe myself...yeah I'd proably choose those 3 (on a good day).

But I didn't choose the avatar for that reason (or the fact that I'm a ginger bird, and it does look a little bit like me)...I just chose it cause it felt right. Which when you think about it, subconsciously means it felt like a true representation of myself. So all our avatars are probably true-ish representations of ourselves.

There you go, psychology lesson over for the day
                    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Working...
                    X