• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boomed

World’s biggest wealth fund piles billions of pounds into Britain | Daily Mail Online

World’s biggest wealth fund piles billions of pounds into Britain after taking 30-year bet that UK economy will be STRONGER after Brexit
    The fund's CEO said they will increase the value of the investment despite Brexit

The overall economy will be better. Finance will do well, everything else will tank. Its back to Victorian times. UK a leading power. Most citizens living in poverty.

If people cannot work out their is an easy solution then they deserve it. Just vote for anything other than Tory and Labour.

Comment

However, the fund's British investments declined in value over the past 12 months.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
        The overall economy will be better. Finance will do well, everything else will tank. Its back to Victorian times. UK a leading power. Most citizens living in poverty.

If people cannot work out their is an easy solution then they deserve it. Just vote for anything other than Tory and Labour.
        Hence why me and the better half are looking to sell up our country pile and move back to London. Work is OK around here, and easy enough to find, but the big money will be in London over the next 10 years whilst these @rse end of nowhere farming communities struggle.

Anyone want to buy our 6 bed house, with 1.5 acres of land suitable for building 4, 4 bed houses (going through planning, so get in early ) CUK members may get preferential treatment
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Hence why me and the better half are looking to sell up our country pile and move back to London. Work is OK around here, and easy enough to find, but the big money will be in London over the next 10 years whilst these @rse end of nowhere farming communities struggle.

Anyone want to buy our 6 bed house, with 1.5 acres of land suitable for building 4, 4 bed houses (going through planning, so get in early ) CUK members may get preferential treatment
          That should get you enough for a 2 bed flat in Ealing.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
            That should get you enough for a 2 bed flat in Ealing.
            Or a studio in Clerkenwell

We used to live in SE London, but when we go back we'll look at Docklands. Some nice flats there at 'reasonable' prices. Never lived in Docklands though so need to get down there and check the area out to see if it suits.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Never lived in Docklands though so need to get down there and check the area out to see if it suits.
              You might struggle to find enough trees for you to hug but I have no doubt there will be plenty of options for getting hold of Mochamincinglattes, so you'll fit right in.

If you tell them you are a Big Game Hunter and have been known to face down an angry charging marmot you may even get a discount.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                You might struggle to find enough trees for you to hug but I have no doubt there will be plenty of options for getting hold of Mochamincinglattes, so you'll fit right in.

If you tell them you are a Big Game Hunter and have been known to face down an angry charging marmot you may even get a discount.

can't see Kostabel Els being happy in docklands, - bit too colourful, like

Comment

Or a studio in Clerkenwell

We used to live in SE London, but when we go back we'll look at Docklands. Some nice flats there at 'reasonable' prices. Never lived in Docklands though so need to get down there and check the area out to see if it suits.
                  Or an eco-shed in Wandsworth.

Comment

Working...
                  X