• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

M8 Yer Dugs A Nazi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M8 Yer Dugs A Nazi

BBC Scotland drops shows featuring maker of dog Nazi salute video | Media | The Guardian

A YouTube video maker who was fined for training a dog to perform a Nazi salute on camera has been dropped from a BBC Scotland programme following public backlash.

The channel, which launched last Sunday, came under fire on Saturday when it was revealed that Mark Meechan, known as Count Dankula on his YouTube channel, had recorded appearances in two editions of late-night discussion show The Collective.

A statement released by BBC Scotland on Sunday confirmed that it would not air the two programmes. “We have been reviewing our new late-night discussion programme The Collective during the edit process,” it said. “In this case, we have concluded that its not appropriate to include Mark Meechan as a contributor.”

Mods!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Mods!
      Why?

I would find it interesting to hear his point of view.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Why?

I would find it interesting to hear his point of view.
        Go watch him on you tube then. No one is stopping you.
        I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Mods!
          This suicide by mods is starting to get tiresome.

Comment

Thanks for informing us that BBC Scotland have made a sensible decision.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Minestrone - this guy gives a take on it;

YouTube

TL;Dr
              It was a dark/bad joke, made by someone who prefaced the video with "this is a joke"
              The judge didn't agree
              Originally posted by Old Greg
              I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
              ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Well if anyone saying the things he said think they have comedic value, they need a good slapping:

It showed his girlfriend’s pug Buddha raising its paw in response to repeated calls of “Sieg Heil” and “Gas the Jews”.

He pleaded not guilty to the charge, saying the clip, which has been viewed more than 3.8m times, was only made to annoy his girlfriend and has comedic value. Meechan said the verdict was an infringement of his freedom of speech and he is yet to pay the fine.
                In 2018, he joined Ukip and he has ties to former English Defence League leader Tommy Robinson
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Well if anyone saying the things he said think they have comedic value, they need a good slapping:
                  Well, since humour is subjective, all topics are available, or none are.

Sexist jokes,
                  racist jokes,
                  dead baby jokes,
                  cancer jokes,
                  etc.

BTW - Have you actually watched the original clip of him and the pug?
                  Originally posted by Old Greg
                  I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
                    Well, since humour is subjective, all topics are available, or none are.

Sexist jokes,
                    racist jokes,
                    dead baby jokes,
                    cancer jokes,
                    etc.

BTW - Have you actually watched the original clip of him and the pug?
                    Lots of things are subjective,
                    but discernment is still possible by the use of judgment and the application of principles such as reasonableness.

Comment

Working...
                    X