• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 Days Of Christmas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 Days Of Christmas

Well, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday have completely paid for my extravagant Christmas and New Year celebrations.

Excellent stuff.

For the past three years I have boycotted the buying of Xmas presents - altough I did fork out 15 quid to help fund the family Christmas Dinner - I consider this to be an extravagent example of reckless spending - however Xmas comes but once a year.

I think the occasion is best summed up by a certain Gentlemans remarks overhead in a bar last night near the attractive hamlet of Motherwell, 'Aye Son - thank f'ck its over.'

Who could argue with that ?

Anyway roll on Hogmany - and a Happy New Year to all.

Every one of us.
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 29 December 2006, 11:26.

Comment

Last year was by far my most expensive Christmas ever, and this year has turned out about the same. Not because I've spent anything, just because in both cases the clients have locked up the office and told me I'm not required until New Year. Being a contractor sucks*.

* Not really.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
        Last year was by far my most expensive Christmas ever, and this year has turned out about the same. Not because I've spent anything, just because in both cases the clients have locked up the office and told me I'm not required until New Year. Being a contractor sucks*.

* Not really.
        Au contraire - it does suck - if I were you I would consider getting yourself a proper job VM.

Comment

i'm a bit bored of contracting tbh
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
            i'm a bit bored of contracting tbh
            Who is bored of contracting is bored of life.

Hiya Mr Pruffock, happy new year, in which land your soul is flying now?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
              I am pretty bored of life tbh...
              --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Francko

Hiya Mr Pruffock, happy new year, in which land your soul is flying now?
                Just returned from Sun Drenched Cadiz to the Northen Gloom of Scotland where I am busy composing my memoirs.

I dont want to -
                I dont need to -
                Ive retired you see -
                One day you might find yourself
                Reclining in an armchair like me

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
                  I am pretty bored of life tbh...

Not enough time spent in The Borough Kramer!! Get yourself back home and put some meaning back into life mate.
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

thanks sal.... just been back home tbh...

saw the match on boxing day.....and got tanked up with me father...

still got the end of year blues though

i can't even be bothered to spend money

Comment

Working...
                    X