• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Admiral Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Admiral Insurance

This came through earlier today:

As your current motor insurance provider, we would like to highlight the possible impact of a no deal Brexit on your car insurance policy. If you intend to take your vehicle outside the UK after 29th March 2019 you will require a Green Card.

What is a Green Card?
    A Green Card is an international certificate of insurance which proves that your UK Motor insurance policy provides you with the minimum compulsory insurance cover required by the law of the country you’re visiting.

In addition to the basic cover the Green Card gives you, we will also match all the additional benefits of your policy for up to 90 days in the countries listed below.

Admiral will be able to provide you with a Green Card at no extra cost, but you must contact us before you travel to request one. A Green Card will not be issued to Admiral customers automatically, and you may not be granted entry to a country outside the UK without one.
    Please note we require at least 14 days’ notice to process your request.

Where will your policy cover you after March 29th?
    Once we have issued you with a Green Card, your policy will cover you when driving in the following areas after 29th March:
    • Countries in the European Union (EU)
    • Countries in the European Economic Area (EEA)
    • Switzerland
    • Andorra
    • Serbia
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    I have a couple of colleagues who commute cross border who are having to sort this out along with international driver licence.

Comment

I wonder how many UK registered cars are currently being used in the EU and will not be returning to the UK until after 29th March.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        I remember those. Got caught out driving into Serbia and I didn't have one. The beggers made me buy insurance at the border. Only they took only Dinar. But funnily enough, there was a currency exchange next to the insurer... staffed by exactly the same people. The forex rate wasn't exactly brilliant.

Fsked up place it was then, courtesy of NATO bombing. I hope it's got better.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I remember those. Got caught out driving into Serbia and I didn't have one. The beggers made me buy insurance at the border. Only they took only Dinar. But funnily enough, there was a currency exchange next to the insurer... staffed by exactly the same people. The forex rate wasn't exactly brilliant.

Fsked up place it was then, courtesy of NATO bombing. I hope it's got better.
          I'll think you'll find the Kosovar Albanians were grateful for the bombing though, or are you a fan of ethnic cleansing?
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Admiral sucks if it only covers those countries.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              I'll think you'll find the Kosovar Albanians were grateful for the bombing though, or are you a fan of ethnic cleansing?
              You are a dull ****pig. And a banned one at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                You are a dull ****pig. And a banned one at that.
                I'm not banned now though sunshine and you're still a cretin!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Ah yes. The Kosovans. Not above a little ethnic cleansing themselves.

I don't think I've said anywhere (nor implied) that I disagreed with the NATO bombing. You inferred that in your bitter twisted little mind all by yourself. Projecting, perhaps?
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I'm not banned now though sunshine and I'm still an antisemitic turd!
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X