• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A little New Years Kindness

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little New Years Kindness

One of the managers, where I work, has just put her hand in her pocket and bought lunch for the 20 of us who are looking after the support desk.
    Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

probably cause overtime is getting slashed next year or they need to re negotiatew 24 hour support rates...

no such thing as a free lunch sparky!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

She's not even my manager - and I don't do overtime.
      Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

Comment

And just who was looking after the support desk when you were all out fine dining?!!!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

It was fish and chips for 20 delivered to the office.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklelard
            One of the managers, where I work, has just put her hand in her pocket and bought lunch for the 20 of us who are looking after the support desk.
            My customer did't want contractors around over xmas/new year so the permies had to cancel their holiday
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Gee some of you would suck as people managers! Maybe its best some of you are contractors aye. After all its a well known fact that contractors are sh1t when it comes to people skills!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                Gee some of you would suck as people managers! Maybe its best some of you are contractors aye. After all its a well known fact that contractors are sh1t when it comes to people skills!

Mailman

Good contractors generally speaking have good people skills.

They can sell themselves well at interviews, integrate into existing teams quickly and get the job done and keep management sweet to build thier rep, earn an extension and make that request for a rate hike seem reasonable.

If you can't do any of the above you probably shouldn't be in contracting.

Comment

If you look at the replies by contractors in this thread alone then obviously good contractors are about as rare as honest labour government members!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                    My customer did't want contractors around over xmas/new year so the permies had to cancel their holiday
                    BRILLIANT!!!!
                    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                    X