• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Loan settling, limited company employer/ee NIC

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loan settling, limited company employer/ee NIC

Hi.

So my settling for me, includes coming forward to HMRC and putting my loan on my self assessment, and paying PAYE on this. TTP sorted, done. Painful, but done.

Now the limited company 'needs' to settle too, more excellent news. The final piece of the settlement (complete settlement) is to pay employee and employer NIC. Then I can close my settled company (no future Corp tax adjustments, or Loan Charges etc.,) I can then disappear into the sunset with a life time free of loan concerns, but also many years of HMRC debt. Yay...

Has anyone successfully managed to only pay the employEE NIC in this situation? And managed to claim that the Loan provider is the employER, and therefore it's THEM who pay the employER NIC? Did you do it by submitting calcs to show your thoughts, or did it require a day in court?

Thanks

Why are you settling? It's ******* rancid how HMRC believe they can bully and intimate honest people to hand over cash.

Comment

Originally posted by EBTContractor View Post
      Why are you settling? It's ******* rancid how HMRC believe they can bully and intimate honest people to hand over cash.
      I don't want the thread to digress, but the news of the LC only hit me a few months ago - and the timing with everything else in my life was beyond horrendous. My entire family (and the scheme promoter) think I'm an idiot for settling, but understand I'd like to close this chapter and move on, beyond contracting.

I'm only pulling the money out of my families future, I hope it's going to some good use in HMRC's pockets.

Comment

bumpsorry

Comment

Working...
        X