• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with alcohol

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with alcohol

It is not only Britain that has problems with drinking!

BERLIN (Reuters) - German police arrested a man for drunk driving after he mistook a police spot check for a breakdown and stopped to help.

Officers inspecting a car by the roadside suspected the 37-year-old passing motorist was under the influence of alcohol when he lurched from his vehicle to offer assistance, police in the northwestern town of Bremen said Friday.

"Obviously his optical assessment of the situation as he drove past was that this was a vehicle breakdown," the police said in a statement.

The man was arrested and banned from driving.
    This one has his priorities right.
    BERLIN (Reuters) - A thirsty German sold his 6-year-old step-daughter's pet beagle to the owner of a bar to pay for beer, the Bild newspaper reported Friday.

The unemployed man offered to take the dog for a walk and then stopped at a bar where he convinced the owner to buy the 3-year-old dog for 40 euros.

The man spent the proceeds quenching his thirst for beer. The bar owner has now returned the dog to its owner.
    Drivel is my speciality

Indeed. Imagine how you'd feel if your daughter sold all your beer and bought a dog with the money.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
      Indeed. Imagine how you'd feel if your daughter sold all your beer and bought a dog with the money.

I'd feel like Jack Sparrow when Elizabeth Swan sets fire to all the rum!
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I've sold my son more than once to pay for my bar tab. The trouble is, is he's old enough to know were home is and keeps coming back. I keep trying to sell the missus but no-one wants her except for diddling and she don't want none of that hanky panky stuff!

Written under the influence of Pfungstädter and homemade Vodka
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
        X