• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 and Subcontracting Work out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 and Subcontracting Work out

I have my own ltd company that I am working through.

The site that I am working at is now looking at getting in an additional contractor.

I am thinking about putting a friends cv forward for the role and if he gets the job to put him through my companies books as a subcontractor to my company. In a way I would be his companies agency.

Can anyone tell me if doing this would this be beneficial from an ir35 position?
    I figure that this does demonstrate that my company is a valid business and not just a vehicle for avoiding the payment of national insurance etc.

Re:IR35

It would only help if the work he is doing is part of your project and you pay him as an employee, otherwise the Revenue will ignore it.

Comment

IR35 and Subcontracting

Cheers for the advice - I guess its back to the drawing board then :rolleyes

Comment

Re: Re:IR35

Bradley,

Employee?? What's that got to do with it?.

In my position (different to that posted) I undertake work an use sub contractors. Surely this clearly breaks the requirement for personal service?

Simon.

Comment

Re:Re:IR35

ASB - sorry, don't understand your point.

Isn't IR35 all about ignoring the intermediaries?

Comment

Re: Re:Re:IR35

Within the second contract if Fred is doing it through his ltd then he will be subject to IR35 on it (potentially). I wouldn't, since I am not providing personal service. The smae is trus if Fred were my employee.

Of course if I engaged Fred in any form on Contract 2 this would make no difference of the IR35 status related to contract 1.

Comment

Re: Re:Re:Re:IR35

Within the second contract if Fred is doing it through his ltd then he will be subject to IR35 on it (potentially). I wouldn't, since I am not providing personal service. The smae is trus if Fred were my employee.
              That's right but I would venture to say that a company employing someone to contract will be targeted less by the Revenue.

Comment

Working...
              X