• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suity for interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suity for interviews

I need a new suity for interviews,
    Does a quality suity (expensive) make much difference
    Anyone got Ideas about this
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      You can't polish a turd, but you can roll it in glitter.
      Looks pretty but still stinks

Comment

Depends where you go.

I rarely see people in suits - but the other day we had some visitors

5 fat blokes in suits - they looked absolutely ridiculous!

Comment

A nice quality suit does make one feel better, especially if it's well fitted. Depends quite a bit on the physique underneath though - what kind of shape are you in?
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I tend to get my suits from Hugo Boss, decent quality and they will do a certain amount of tailoring, leg, waist, sleeve etc.

Comment

Does anyone wear ties for interviews anymore? can't remember the last clientco where ties were worn...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Does anyone wear ties for interviews anymore? can't remember the last clientco where ties were worn...
                Just wear a "I Love McDonalds" red badge and I'm sure they will give you a position making fries.

Comment

1st impressions still count,

in a face to face interview you're selling yourself just as much as your skillset,

if you look professional and well presented people will have a positive first impression you can of course go downhill from there and it's easier then climbing uphill for the rest of the interview

for every client i've had i'm always suited and booted inc tie not just for interview but even for the duration of the contract

i guess its role dependent but as PM i think the professional look helps in interacting with other parts of the organisation

i never go too high end with the suits though, save the Hugo Boss for outside of work, but a dark coloured River Island / Zara 2 piece usually represents good value for money

Comment

Originally posted by filthy1980 View Post
                    i never go too high end with the suits though, save the Hugo Boss for outside of work, but a dark coloured River Island / Zara 2 piece usually represents good value for money
                    Sorry but Hugo Boss is not high end. Anyway, regardless of where you get it from just make sure it fits you.

Comment

Working...
                    X