• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Girl killed by pit bull terrier

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girl killed by pit bull terrier

Story Here

Pit Bull Attack

Not another one !

Why do these bleeding chavs buy such vicious and unpredictable dogs ? What's the matter with them ?

Yes, I know every dog has the potential to become a killer, but, when was the last time you heard of a family pet Labrador going postal ? Jeeze, when will they learn that some dogs are more suitable than others in a family environment, especially when there are small children around ?

FFS ! Pit Bull Chav to55ers
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Why have any dogs. My default setting is I hate the pavement-tulipting, yappy, bitey bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Why have any dogs. My default setting is I hate the pavement-tulipting, yappy, bitey bastards.
      Not to mention the shagging your leg thing. Why do people like that? I really don't understand.

You don't hear about cats killing children.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
        Yes you do. Its been documented that some cats have suffocated babies in cots by laying on them.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
          Not to mention the shagging your leg thing. Why do people like that? I really don't understand.

Cats can carry toxoplasmosis, usually harmless to them, can cause brain damage or blindness to very young children and the elderly or infirm or those with weakened immune systems.
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

http://k9magazine.com/blog/2006/06/0...adline-unfair/

Comment

Terrier,

Thank you for the link and the comments provided from real dog owners.

I am now convinced that owning ANY sort of "domesticated pet" like a dog or a cat is an unacceptable risk to individuals, and as such, should be positively discouraged.

FFS, why would anyone want some smelly, pooey, crappy thing that just costs vets bills and may go postal on the family when it feels like it anyway ? Jeeze.....
              Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                I did see a statistic somewhere and somewhen that reckoned that Labradors were the most likely dogs to attack hu-mans.
                Linky or it never happened!

Mailman

Comment

All dogs have the potential to become aggressive, if they are provoked.

Certain breeds are more likely to be become aggressive than others, and are more dangerous by default because of their size as well, but much of that has to do with breeding conditions and training as it about inherent breed characteristics.

Golden Retrievers and Cocker Spaniels, both considered to be very good with children, are amongst in the top ten of the worst 'biters.' Labradors (Andrex toilet paper) are not considered dangerous, by and large even though they look like Retrievers (but with short rather than longer wavy hair). Dobermans and Rottweilers, normally considered 'danger alert' dogs and used in horror movies and favoured by security and police can be very good with children.

There are some breeds that are disallowed in this country : Japanese Tosa, American Pit Bull Terrier being two of them. The 'Black/Chav favoured' Staffordshire Pit Bull terriers you see on council estates or rough inner city streets are not at all inherently dangerous to people even though they are often used in illegal dog fights and so mistakenly misidentified as =the 'dangerous pit bulls' which are from America and are large lofty dogs, not smallish tan coloured stocky dogs.

I got nipped on the face by a Yorkshire Terrier once. It was a play bite. It didn't particularly hurt but it made me jump through the ceiling because of the shock.
                  Last edited by Denny; 2 January 2007, 10:13.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    I did see a statistic somewhere and somewhen that reckoned that Labradors were the most likely dogs to attack hu-mans.
                    Maybe on your planet..... My labrador wouldn't hurt a fly... I put her on her lead for her safety not yours.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Working...
                    X