• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Truth : Contract Job offer then budget withdrawl

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truth : Contract Job offer then budget withdrawl

Does anyone have any idea what's going on in the Software dev contractor market at the moment.

I've secured two HMRC roles on the Friday, only to have to positions withdrawn on the Monday due to budgeting reasons.

Agencies of course promise I'm guaranteed a role as the end client love me but I'm a skeptic ...

What's the angle ? What is the truth ?

You're crap and they found someone better.

HTH
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Found a mate who needed a gig more like.

Comment

Originally posted by curiousman View Post
        Does anyone have any idea what's going on in the Software dev contractor market at the moment.

I've secured two HMRC roles on the Friday, only to have to positions withdrawn on the Monday due to budgeting reasons.

Agencies of course promise I'm guaranteed a role as the end client love me but I'm a skeptic ...

What's the angle ? What is the truth ?
        When you say ‘secured’.. do you mean a contract, with a day rate and your company’s name on it? Or a vague sort of feeling that the gig is yours?

If the former, then you’re unlucky. tulip happens. It’s rare as agents don’t like the extra paperwork.
        If the latter then you need a reality check.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          When you say ‘secured’.. do you mean a contract, with a day rate and your company’s name on it? Or a vague sort of feeling that the gig is yours?

If the former, then you’re unlucky. tulip happens. It’s rare as agents don’t like the extra paperwork.
          If the latter then you need a reality check.
          Well, a call one hour after the interview on the Friday @ 5pm saying they would like to make an offer. Called me just so I could enjoy the weekend ...

Comment

well they thought they had a few quid from Lorraine Kelly but they lost the case!
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by curiousman View Post
              Well, a call one hour after the interview on the Friday @ 5pm saying they would like to make an offer. Called me just so I could enjoy the weekend ...
              Did you enjoy the weekend?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

I've been speaking to a number of agents this week and a good handful mentioned there's been an unusually high number of contracts cancelled lately (my latest has been canceled too - just before the start date).

It's coming to the end of the tax year? Brexit? Your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

Nothing's in the bag until you have a contract in your hand. I've had verbal agreements rescinded manly times over the years, accounts will often put the brakes on due to any number of reasons. Usually nothing to do with you, chillax.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                    Nothing's in the bag until you have a contract in your hand. I've had verbal agreements rescinded manly times over the years, accounts will often put the brakes on due to any number of reasons. Usually nothing to do with you, chillax.
                    It aint over until the fat cheque clears!!!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X