• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Heavy metal at 50

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy metal at 50

http://https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/entertainment-arts-47661427/world-heavy-metal-congress-first-event-takes-place-in-london

I thought heavy metal was a term that was coined much later than that to refer to groups like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Saxon etc.

Comment

Black Sabbath were formed in 1968.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Black Sabbath were formed in 1968.
        But their first album didn't release until early 1970. It was recorded in 1969 though.

What exactly is the 50 years being dated from?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          But their first album didn't release until early 1970. It was recorded in 1969 though.

Although (The) Earth (*) did did release a couple of singles in 1969 before changing their name. Now to my current favourite:

(*) There is a later band called Earth who are probably a lot heavier...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Shrotersfield View Post
            I thought heavy metal was a term that was coined much later than that to refer to groups like Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Saxon etc.
            iron butterfly were the band that was first associated with the term heavy metal. No idea what they sound like though as I've never listed to any of their stuff

Just looked this up.....

Iron Butterfly - Wikipedia
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
              Who cares?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
                iron butterfly were the band that was first associated with the term heavy metal. No idea what they sound like though as I've never listed to any of their stuff

Just looked this up.....

They were booked to play Woodstock but were a no show as they demanded a chopper to take them from NY Port Authority to the site but the organizers refused.

One band that did play at Woodstock was Mountain (Nantucket Sleigh Ride) ... They were a bit metal.

Comment

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post

Just looked this up.....

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by Amy Shrotersfield View Post
                    One band that did play at Woodstock was Mountain (Nantucket Sleigh Ride) ... They were a bit metal.
                    Hmmmm....inneresting....

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                    I was watching Mountain (Nantucket Sleighride) on the Woodstock DVD the other day and they came over quite metal to me

Comment

Working...
                    X