• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking back control

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking back control

Corbyn congratulates MPs for 'taking back control'

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Corbyn congratulates MPs for 'taking back control'

If only Labour MPs could wrest control from their leader.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Tories when the decision is taken. The Brexiteers in parliament were shouting angrily at their "Remoaner" colleagues last night. Hard to see how the Tory part won't split.

The only resolution for the Tories is May's deal, otherwise the Tories split for a generation and hand the keys to Jeremy Corbyn.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The only resolution for the Tories is May's deal, otherwise the Tories split for a generation and hand the keys to Jeremy Corbyn.
        Yes but May's deal is not what the 52% voted for. Will of the people and all that.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what happens to the Tories when the decision is taken. The Brexiteers in parliament were shouting angrily at their "Remoaner" colleagues last night. Hard to see how the Tory part won't split.

Would love the Tories to split. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people.

If May can't even convince her own people to follow her plan, and galvanise them behind one vision when she speaks to them daily (or at least has the opportunity to) then how the hell does she think she can get the majority of the country to follow her?

She's run all this along party lines, which was a massive mistake given her party doesn't have a majority in Westminster, and there is no majority view within her party.

Hey ho .... she's learnt some very valuable lessons
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Would love the Tories to split. Couldn't happen to a nicer group of people.

If May can't even convince her own people to follow her plan, and galvanise them behind one vision when she speaks to them daily (or at least has the opportunity to) then how the hell does she think she can get the majority of the country to follow her?

She's run all this along party lines, which was a massive mistake given her party doesn't have a majority in Westminster, and there is no majority view within her party.

Hey ho .... she's learnt some very valuable lessons
            I bet you a quid she hasn't...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Despite all the infighting in the poll of polls Cons are still 3% ahead of labour, UKIP is making quite a come back though at 8%, if only there was proportional representation in the UK, but that's, ofcourse, too democratic
              Poll of Polls - United Kingdom - House of Commons (British Parliament)

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                Despite all the infighting in the poll of polls Cons are still 3% ahead of labour, UKIP is making quite a come back though at 8%, if only there was proportional representation in the UK, but that's, ofcourse, too democratic
                and don't Labour need to be 3% ahead of the Cons just to be level pegging under our first past the post system?

So on this basis Labour are in real terms 6% behind.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  At some point the Tories will have to come down on one side or the other, that's what will trigger the General Election. You need to check the opinion polls after whatever position the Tories arrive at becomes clear, either by accident or design, i.e. if May's deal fails but it still remains the central theme in the election campaign or that no deal becomes official policy. Either one of those will create some very disappointed Tory voters. I think we can exclude something more Brino-y in their manifesto.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                  X