• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

May admits Brexit was just a practical joke

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May admits Brexit was just a practical joke

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      I like this guy he does some good analysis. You're all thick as mince mind.
      Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

A Brexiteer was invited on French TV to put the British point of view.

How embarassing watching Britain get represented by "Info Wars" style commentators all over the world.

He didn't debate, just spoke whenever he wanted without waiting. Sounded like an obnoxious bore and came out with unadulterated tripe.

I mean there is a debate to be had about Brexit, but I suppose when you are fundamentally wrong and your arguments are shot down in flames, shouting slogans is the only thing you can do.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

He was quite proud of the trade deals with Zimbabwe and the Faroe Islands. He wasn't listening to the others who pointed out that they were worse than the ones the EU had. He also refused to listen to the fact that in the event of a no deal, the UK would face much higher tariffs than "fortress" EU. He also ignored fortress US run by his hero a "tariff man" who he cheered on when he jacked up tariffs on all his trading partners.

Incoherent contradictory slogans.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            A Brexiteer was invited on French TV to put the British point of view.

How embarassing watching Britain get represented by "Info Wars" style commentators all over the world.

He didn't debate, just spoke whenever he wanted without waiting. Sounded like an obnoxious bore and came out with unadulterated tripe.

I mean there is a debate to be had about Brexit, but I suppose when you are fundamentally wrong and your arguments are shot down in flames, shouting slogans is the only thing you can do.

In your opinion?

Do you think your comment n..>"but I suppose when you are fundamentally wrong..." is in any way a constructive debate about Brexit.

To me a debate would entail listening to both sides of the argument, keeping to facts (which is almost impossible in this case as beyond Brexit is a complete unknown) and putting your case as to why your point of view is valid. Not just stating that the opposite view to your own is wrong. This is where remainers have failed time and time again to get there point acorss. They are too focused on say why Brexit is bad and not saying playing up what they see as the positives of the EU. How our net financial contribution to the EU benefits the UK as a nation. How being part of the EURO zone and Schengen area would be of a benefit to the UK economy. If we are to remain in the EU I believe that both the EURO and Schengen should be adopted, i.e. we should join the club 100% or not at all. None of this being a member of the club but too scared to actually enter the club house.
            Last edited by Yorkie62; 29 March 2019, 07:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              In your opinion?

Do you think your comment n..>"but I suppose when you are fundamentally wrong..." is in any way a constructive debate about Brexit.

To me a debate would entail listening to both sides of the argument, keeping to facts (which is almost impossible in this case as beyond Brexit is a complete unknown) and putting your case as to why your point of view is valid. Not just stating that the opposite view to your own is wrong. This is where remainers have failed time and time again to get there point acorss. They are too focused on say why Brexit is bad and not saying playing up what they see as the positives of the EU. How our net financial contribution to the EU benefits the UK as a nation. How being part of the EURO zone and Schengen area would be of a benefit to the UK economy. If we are to remain in the EU I believe that both the EURO and Schengen should be adopted, i.e. we should join the club 100% or not at all. None of this being a member of the club but too scared to actually enter the club house.
              The thing about being right is that you don't have to do anything. The truth will come tumbling down on Brexit like a ton of bricks.

I'll let the Brexiteers work it out for themselves.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                The thing about being right is that you don't have to do anything. The truth will come tumbling down on Brexit like a ton of bricks.

I'll let the Brexiteers work it out for themselves.

Fallen into true remainer mode I see. I'm right your wrong, not citation evidence required, end of debate.

Do you see where your going wrong yet in this so called debate?

If you are trying to convince me to change my mind about Brexit you are failing spectacularly.

Comment

Fallen into true remainer mode I see. I'm right your wrong, not citation evidence required, end of debate.

Do you see where your going wrong yet in this so called debate?

If you are trying to convince me to change my mind about Brexit you are failing spectacularly.
                  I have no self interest in trying to convince you. I simply comment on the reality of the situation.

When I say "Brexit will fail". I'm not trying to debate, I'm simply stating a fact.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

which is almost impossible in this case as beyond Brexit is a complete unknown)
                    That’s not true, it’s not a complete unknown, even in a No Deal situation.

There are available:
                    - rolled-over Trade agreements with Norway, Faroes, etc. We know from the text of these agreements that they haven’t actually been rolled over (Fox lied) and they are worse than the existing agreements through the EU.
                    - tariff schedules set out by the U.K. Analysis is available based on the tariffs and existing quantities of imports/exports to determine the impact on the U.K. overall.
                    - both the EU and the U.K. have issues substantive preparedness notices on what No Deal would entail by sector

Industry by industry, there is a lot of information out there. Fishing, for example - here’s a handy chart breaking down exactly what is required for the fishing industry after Brexit:

Comment

Working...
                    X