• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accountant recommendation

Looking for accountant recommendation as my current one has seriously upped his charges to just over £2000 inc VAT.

This covers accounts, VAT and payroll for 2 directors. I do my own self-assessment.

Firstly, I’d like to move to a FreeAgent accountant. From what I’ve read, it’s much better than spreadsheets. Cloud accounting sounds like the way to go.

Secondly, any recent accountant recommendations most welcome. From my research, Gorilla seems to fit the bill, but open to suggestions.

Happy to go with a big-name or local accountants (I’m
    based in Maidenhead, work central London, both locations suit).

My year-end is Dec, what’s the best approach in transitioning accountants, leave to new accountant or file 2018 accounts with current accountant?

Lastly, does FreeAgent cover MTD and are there any additional costs involved in this feature?

Thanks

We do have a sticky with accountant recommendations already.

Freeagent is definitely the way to go IMO.

I'm with Gorilla and very happy but any of the accountants in the sticky will so the job. All have customers on here that have spoken highly of them so made the list.

Best time to transition is when your old accountant has completed you company year end submissions and you can start afresh with the new company. Speak to your future company of choice and see what they say.

Yes FA is MTD ready and no extra costs.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 1 April 2019, 06:51.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      We do have a sticky with accountant recommendations already.
      With all the "Darren" malarky, are Dynamo still a recommended accountnat?
      I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
        With all the "Darren" malarky, are Dynamo still a recommended accountnat?
        That's a very good point actually. A few of our senior posters were with Dynamo but not sure if they are still with them or moved on.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          That's a very good point actually. A few of our senior posters were with Dynamo but not sure if they are still with them or moved on.
          I moved on from Dynamo, not because of their Darren connection, but mainly because I found them needing too much chasing to get things done. that may just be me being fussy (or impatient!) of course.

I actually moved to F-B, but needless to say that hasn't lasted.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            I moved on from Dynamo, not because of their Darren connection, but mainly because I found them needing too much chasing to get things done. that may just be me being fussy (or impatient!) of course.
            Well that's one down and I'm sure the other person I have in mind said they'd also moved. I'll update when I have a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
              My year-end is Dec, what’s the best approach in transitioning accountants, leave to new accountant or file 2018 accounts with current accountant?
              If you pay monthly, then the accounts to December 2018 should have already been paid for, so there's no point in asking somebody else to look at them (else you'd be paying twice) - if however you pay annually, another accountant would probably be able to do a one-off set of accounts for much less than £2k, especially if there is a chance of a monthly recurring fee thereafter.

Comment

Originally posted by Alchemy Accountancy View Post
                If you pay monthly, then the accounts to December 2018 should have already been paid for, so there's no point in asking somebody else to look at them (else you'd be paying twice) - if however you pay annually, another accountant would probably be able to do a one-off set of accounts for much less than £2k, especially if there is a chance of a monthly recurring fee thereafter.
                That's a good point. I pay annually so once I've picked my new accountant, will try and agree a fee for 2018 accounts.

Comment

Working...
                X