• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

new phone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new phone

..... arrrives today

w850i
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Requirements of a phone. Make and receive calls. Long battery life. Not too big or gay. That's it.

HTH

Comment

Aye. I still use my trusty http://nokia.novymobil.cz/cnt/phn/no...Black-f-21.jpg

Nokia 6310i . Except that mine is in silver.

Had it for 3-4 years and never need to replace it. Make calls, battery is excellent and just works. Also got £5/month line rental for the last 3 years as never taken a new phone.

Comment

Got me a shiney new M3100 now

Has a copy of Skype on it and a wireless network card built in so free calls to other Skype users if i'm near a WIFI network that lets me on.

Also has a copy of TomTom on it for all my navigational needs.

Also does the the phone calls very well and a nice little slide out keyboard which is surprisingly usable for texts.

All in all i'm a very hapy chappie

Comment

i got the W810i early last year, very very nice phone.
          The walkman bits meant that i don't need to fork out for a separate player
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

i had the w800 for a year and loved it.... walkman bit is great and itrs just so much fun (in so much as a pohone can be)
            So the 850i is 3g and i can collect email on it...it has new walkman software on it and longer battery life so all in all i am looking forward to another year oif tunes and fun....
            --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Got a mini XDA very nice, with wiFi built in, MSN etc....the phone bits not too bad ether.
              SA says;
              Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
              (whatever these are)

Comment

Still using my trusty phone :-)

Still going strong !
                Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek
                  Still using my trusty phone :-)

Still going strong !

Ahh, but do you have the hands free kit?
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Ahh, but do you have the hands free kit?
                    Hmm ! Thats quite a nifty solution ! Looks a lot more comfortable that using elastic bands, which ruin your hair and are uncomfortable.

The only thing is, I just read that, even using a hands-free kit in a car may now be classed as dangerous, and if you have an accident at the time of using a hands-free kit, you could be liable for fines or imprisonment.
                    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                    X