• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Self Assessment Tax Returns -- online anybody?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Assessment Tax Returns -- online anybody?

I was looking at HMRC's website for Self Assessments and apparently you can't do Capital Gains pages online (how backward is this organisation?).

The website does mention that other 3rd party software might allow individuals to enter Capitals Gains forms as well as the usual Employment forms.

Does anyone have experience of doing Tax Returns using any other (free) software?

Cheers

Don't knoew if it handles capital gains but I uysed to use this one before HMRC submission became available:-

http://www.taxcentral.co.uk/taxcentr...rn/default.asp

Comment

Tax Returns

Why not ask an accountant to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@1stAccountancyServ
        Why not ask an accountant to do it?
        Best to do it yourself and cut out the accountant and their cost!

Comment

I do have an accountant - I have horrible stuff with PAYE and self employment & there was a partnership as well.
          However she doesn't charge me. In fact she gives me free coffee & cake whilst we do the returns!
          The best sort of accountant!

Which reminds me - must talk to HMRC about my money - they owe me lots!

Comment

ASB , thanks - I took a look and unfortunately they also don't do Capital Gains online.

I've now asked my accountant to do it. Can be arsed bustin my nut over £50 or so.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
              ASB , thanks - I took a look and unfortunately they also don't do Capital Gains online.

I've now asked my accountant to do it. Can be arsed bustin my nut over £50 or so.

Cheers
              Sensible IMO. One time I got my accountants to check over my calculations, they charged me 100 quid or so - but got the chargeable gain down by about 4k - there were some things they reckoned I should claim against the capital value etc

Comment

Working...
              X