• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New year's resolution

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New year's resolution

At the risk of prompting a torrent of amusing comment about leaving the boards to the contractors, what are your Contracting resolutions for this year?

And if you don't have any, what might they have been if you'd thought about it, and why?

In the light of Brown's clampdown, will you dump the brolly for a ltd company?
    Will you fail to send in VAT returns for the fun of it?
    How about rounding up your timesheets by 15 mins and increasing turnover for the year?

This question is brought to you for the purposes of formulating a front page article for CUK and by the letter R.

chase more office totty!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

I have decided to post drivel on this site, insult regular members and flame newbies.

Actually I did that last year.... What the hell!

Stupid question.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Retire in ten years.

Comment

Resolutions 2007

Short term: Health – loose weight, get fitter.

Medium term: Put my finances in order

Longer term: Get out of the country – was planning on Miami, but now that B’liar has spent time there it feels tainted.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

In protest at the Chancellors continued attacks on our business model I resolve:
            To trade my fuel guzzling cars in for electric vehicles thereby reducing the Fuel & Road Tax duties
            To only smoke foreign sourced ciggies/cigars
            To only drink foreign sourced Bolly
            To not move House
            To sack my gardener
            To only use black market Poles for building work
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I'm going to let the missus write down her list of targets for 2007 and then work my arse off to make them happen to avoid the serial nagfest that will occur if I don't.....

Wish me luck, I'm going to need it!!!

Comment

Suggestions for agents?

What, I wonder, do jobbing contractors thinks agents should resolve to do this year?

Comment

Originally posted by WKnight
                  What, I wonder, do jobbing contractors thinks agents should resolve to do this year?
                  FOAD.

HTH.

Comment

Seconded

Comment

Working...
                    X