• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trading with Commonwealth

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trading with Commonwealth

Come brexit day, we get to trade more with our Commonwealth partners .... nice bunch of people

Labour urges action over new Brunei anti-LGBT laws - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Come brexit day, we get to trade more with our Commonwealth partners .... nice bunch of people

Labour urges action over new Brunei anti-LGBT laws - BBC News
    Well Germany doesn't seem to have any problems trading with Brunei.
    Relations between the two countries has been established since 1 May 1984.[1][2] In 1985, His Majesty Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah paid a first private visit to Germany and in 1998 made a state visit while an official visit was made on 2002 and 2011.[2] In other side, Chancellor Helmut Kohl paid an official visit to Brunei on 1997.[2]
    Brunei views Germany as an important economic partner with bilateral trade increased in 2011 to approximately €346 million.[3] Germany exports to Brunei are mainly in cars, machinery, chemicals and heavy equipment.[2] There is also a ratification of an agreement on the encouragement and reciprocal protection of investment between both countries.[4]
    There is also a student exchange program between Brunei and Germany which was initiated in 2008 when a group of Bruneian students went to German universities to study.[5]

Good to see a leading country in the EU supporting regimes such as this. Long live the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
      Relations between the two countries has been established since 1 May 1984.[1][2] In 1985, His Majesty Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah paid a first private visit to Germany and in 1998 made a state visit while an official visit was made on 2002 and 2011.[2] In other side, Chancellor Helmut Kohl paid an official visit to Brunei on 1997.[2]
      Brunei views Germany as an important economic partner with bilateral trade increased in 2011 to approximately €346 million.[3] Germany exports to Brunei are mainly in cars, machinery, chemicals and heavy equipment.[2] There is also a ratification of an agreement on the encouragement and reciprocal protection of investment between both countries.[4]
      There is also a student exchange program between Brunei and Germany which was initiated in 2008 when a group of Bruneian students went to German universities to study.[5]

Good to see a leading country in the EU supporting regimes such as this. Long live the EU.
      The UK also happily trades with Brunei and Saudi. Long live your hypocrisy!
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        The UK also happily trades with Brunei and Saudi. Long live your hypocrisy!
        Explain my hypocrisy. I was just pointing out that EU countries already trade with Brunei. We also trade with China, another country that supresses it population and has questionable human rights issues.

Comment

Explain my hypocrisy. I was just pointing out that EU countries already trade with Brunei. We also trade with China, another country that supresses it population and has questionable human rights issues.
          According to Brexiters, the UK can't make trade deals with other countries so how comes all these EU countries are making trade deals?
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Your whataboutism is your hypocrisy every time you need to say what about Germany. Cretin the war fininshed 74 years ago and Germany is a leading democracy and economy in the world, Britain could learn a lot from them, but in stead gammons like you think you can go back to the Victorian times, which were horrible by the way for 95 percent of the population.

Comment

Whataboutery .... we're talking about UK trade, not German trade which is completely irrelevant to the debate.

The argument from the leave side is by leaving the EU we can trade more with Commonwealth countries rather than the 'corrupt' EU. Fella, Commonwealth countries are a lot more dodgy than the EU nations

Comment

And yet the leave argument is that we can increase trade with these countries once we leave the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Your whataboutism is your hypocrisy every time you need to say what about Germany. Cretin the war fininshed 74 years ago and Germany is a leading democracy and economy in the world, Britain could learn a lot from them, but in stead gammons like you think you can go back to the Victorian times, which were horrible by the way for 95 percent of the population.

hey cretin we were lied to 40+ years ago when we joined the common market. We still can't get out of it before it emulates what Caesar,Napoleon, the Kaiser's & Hitler wanted i.e. a centrally ruled Europe.

Its funny you only mention Hitler when discussing such things yet compare ending the German people backing the final solution (arguably one of the UK's & commonwealth's greatest achievements) to going back to Victorian times because of course you are totally wrong.

Luckily for you the Kaiser & others were pretty unpleasant on or just after queen Victoria was on the throne so it almost matches WWI so as well as being a half wit you are almost half right. George V (Queen Victoria's Grandson)was on the throne during the first world war and & George VI in the second.The Germans were too busy working on their Empire (when not invading ours) to conquer Europe in Victorian times

German Empire - Wikipedia

Though it was the second Reich so I can see why you got confused. The Nazi's did refer to themselves as the Third Reich.

German Reich - Wikipedia

Victorian times were a time of incredible change and it was one of the first times anyone in power considered the position of the poor. So yes there was massive poverty but there were also massive moves to eradicate it and improve it so its hardly an insult. Lets go back to times when we were hidebound by religion or foreign powers say the inquisition ?
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    hey cretin we were lied to 40+ years ago when we joined the common market. We still can't get out of it before it emulates what Caesar,Napoleon, the Kaiser's & Hitler wanted i.e. a centrally ruled Europe.

Its funny you only mention Hitler when discussing such things yet compare ending the German people backing the final solution (arguably one of the UK's & commonwealth's greatest achievements) to going back to Victorian times because of course you are totally wrong.

Luckily for you the Kaiser & others were pretty unpleasant on or just after queen Victoria was on the throne so it almost matches WWI so as well as being a half wit you are almost half right. George V (Queen Victoria's Grandson)was on the throne during the first world war and & George VI in the second.The Germans were too busy working on their Empire (when not invading ours) to conquer Europe in Victorian times

German Empire - Wikipedia

Though it was the second Reich so I can see why you got confused. The Nazi's did refer to themselves as the Third Reich.

German Reich - Wikipedia

Victorian times were a time of incredible change and it was one of the first times anyone in power considered the position of the poor. So yes there was massive poverty but there were also massive moves to eradicate it and improve it so its hardly an insult. Lets go back to times when we were hidebound by religion or foreign powers say the inquisition ?
                    I don't think I ever mention Hitler on here, but if I did it was to say that the EU helped us to protect from Hitler wannabees to rise after ww2. The EU did get the Nobel peace prize remember.
                    It's the Brexiteer tomato faces that keep up bringing Germany and Hitler in every discussion about the EU

Comment

Working...
                    X