• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I remember those days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember those days

Spent over 6 years working on the Lloyd's Market ..... lunchtime drinking, drifting into all afternoon drinking on a Friday, was commonplace. Those were the days In work for 7/7:30 during the week, throwing down long hours most of the month, then after month end grabbing some of that earned time back in the best way possible. Quite a few of the pubs in and around Lloyd's knew me so well that as soon as I walked into the place my beer would be pulled and waiting for me on the bar

A few of the guys I worked with had liver problems too, and we had our fair share of borderline alcoholics, so maybe this new set of rules is for the best

Lloyd's of London calls time on drink and drugs - BBC News
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Quite a few of the pubs in and around Lloyd's knew me so well that as soon as I walked into the place my shandy would be pulled and waiting for me on the bar
    ftfy

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Nothing will change. They banned lunchtime drinking for internal staff at lunchtimes last year and nothing changed - it's too ingrained the culture.

I am surprised people can manage to down vodkas before 9am and still complete a working day - 2 pints at lunch and I'm useless for the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
        y - 2 pints at lunch and I'm useless for the rest of the day.
        To be fair, you're pretty useless before the 2 pints.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          ftfy

Nice .... My little stalker is back

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
            Nothing will change. They banned lunchtime drinking for internal staff at lunchtimes last year and nothing changed - it's too ingrained the culture.

I am surprised people can manage to down vodkas before 9am and still complete a working day - 2 pints at lunch and I'm useless for the rest of the day.
            My team knew that on a lunchtime, if we went past 4 pints we wouldn't be heading back and I'd organised them the afternoon in The Lamb. Evenings were spent down the OTW, when the pool tables were still downstairs. Some great old pubs around there

Comment

Working...
            X