• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linky or it never happened

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linky or it never happened

Read in a paper that more people can speak English at work in Denmark than in England, apparently 1 in 12 workers in the UK cannot speak English. Can't find a link on the web, not that I've looked particularly hard.

Have to say that on my Xmas visit to the UK I did notice it was very hard to communicate with some people. At the time I put it down to too much Xmas spirits and mince pies.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    Have to say that on my Xmas visit to the UK I did notice it was very hard to communicate with some people. At the time I put it down to too much Xmas spirits and mince pies.
    Perhaps you are just too clever for them. What were you trying to discuss?

Comment

I remember something similar to this where some numpty was saying the name Mahamud had just over taken George as the most popular name in England.

Of course the guy never provided a linky and eventually his assertion was disproved...but not before a lot of jihad had come down on them peace loving, wouldnt hurt a fly, muslims.

Mailman

Comment

Found something in the Evening Standard
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Great Plan B - English Language schools.

Kerching!
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            I remember something similar to this where some numpty was saying the name Mahamud had just over taken George as the most popular name in England.

Of course the guy never provided a linky and eventually his assertion was disproved...but not before a lot of jihad had come down on them peace loving, wouldnt hurt a fly, muslims.

Mailman
            http://www.statistics.gov.uk/default.asp in there is top names of babies registered... interesting illustration on how our world is changing peace lovers are fairly static at 22 - Jack is tops for last 5 years
            What isn't mentioned is there are 2 ways of spelling the peace loving one ... and taken together would present a very different view....

HTH
            Last edited by Troll; 3 January 2007, 11:34.
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

CCI detected an error whilst processing your request.

Error: 13 Type mismatch in nugget.ASP: ErrorState = Failed to create connection object

Please record the error and notify National Statistics

Comment

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/default.asp

Link is on the front page
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                  What isn't mentioned is there are 2 ways of spelling the peace loving one ... and taken together would present a very different view....

HTH
                  Three according to that list.

Comment

Why the F* are the government wasting our money on compiling data on popular names? Haven't they got enough to waste it on?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X