• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Has anyone used the online training from "The Knowledge Academy"?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've a bit of free time on my hands at the moment and I've been offered a reasonably good deal on all of their on-line courses (excl. exam fees).

The Knowledge Academy

Are they worth the effort?
    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
    I've a bit of free time on my hands at the moment and I've been offered a reasonably good deal on all of their on-line courses (excl. exam fees).

The Knowledge Academy

The first lesson is search the forum. Specifically the "Technical" section where you'll find...

Originally posted by Goosefeather View Post
    Yes. What a crock of tulip!

After discussing a package, changing a few modules and TWO confirmations later, I pay several grand for a 7 course package. When they then sorted my access I noticed that only 5 of 7 were available. Multiple emails which were ignored, I til I copied in the CEO demanding my money back. After several ping pong mails stating it is not their policy to refund online learning, my persistence paid off and I got my dosh back. The ham shankers didn't have a leg to stand on as I provided a ton of evidence showing their lack of correspondence and miselling of a product.

I, for one, will never use again and avoid at all costs.

's
    Second lesson, don't post in General unless you expect someone to rip the piss out of you - ya dumb basket!
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      The first lesson is search the forum. Specifically the "Technical" section where you'll find...
      Why keep a dog around and bark oneself?
      ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

The Knowledge Academy

Did Prince 2, ITIL, Agile foundation and ISEB BA courses - passed and got certs 1st time. Did the job for me.
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Learnt everything I know about Radiator bleeding and Gladiators from them. Made me the man I am.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No, but they appear to be a high quality, well-funded operation....

Comment

Yes, I used it to train suity.

Comment

The Knowledge Academy

So, I guess that I should report back with my own, current experience of using Knowledge Academy: disappointing.

The CBT is pretty much what one expects from CBT insofar as it's pretty high-level stuff entirely designed to provide just enough information to pass the exams. One would need to do a significant amount of background reading in order to be proficient in any of the subjects covered.

The KA interface is a bit rough and some of the links to things like the study "My Schedule" and booking "Exams" didn't work for me. I've had to email their support team a number of times in order to access their pre-exam/exam-prep assessments... there's a 24 - 48 hour turnaround for any questions BTW. PDFs arrived eventually, although I had expected this to be an on-line test/consolidation for the CBT.

So, as I say, disappointing.

Very glad that I didn't pay the ticket price.

To be continued...
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---

---

Comment

Working...
                X