• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Taking a break from contracting!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking a break from contracting!

Started contracting in 2010 and have finally had enough after a recent gig. Got worked like a dog and then they decided to let all the best people go at once (All under a leading consultancy). Also have worked really hard on my own startup which finally has some revenue and growth. Feels good to take a break from the daily grind! Super motivated now to get it to succeed whilst I don't have any money coming in! I've managed to save enough to keep me going for about 9 months, but I'm very optimistic about the business!

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Started contracting in 2010 and have finally had enough after a recent gig. Got worked like a dog and then they decided to let all the best people go at once (All under a leading consultancy). Also have worked really hard on my own startup which finally has some revenue and growth. Feels good to take a break from the daily grind! Super motivated now to get it to succeed whilst I don't have any money coming in! I've managed to save enough to keep me going for about 9 months, but I'm very optimistic about the business!
    Best of luck!

Comment

Bye
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Bye
        I said I'm leaving contracting not CUK!

Comment

I said I'm leaving contracting not CUK!
          Not like you to not be leaving somewhere early
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes unfortunately most contracts in the last few years meant working us like a dog and a half... they are doing projects now with less than the old days staff... I took 2.5 months break already. The idea of going back makes me sick, but got to do what I got to do !

Comment

Good luck with the startup! I keep having mini-breaks between contracts and it keeps me sane.

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

All the best! That is indeed, true freedom. Hopefully it kicks off.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Not like you to not be leaving somewhere early
                    hmmmm leaving CUK early.... I'm already about 10 years overdue!

Comment

Working...
                    X