• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commit any crime you like, they probably won't get you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commit any crime you like, they probably won't get you

Type your postcode in here to see local data, including crime:

Crime

In my area, there's not a single court case listed, even for more serious crimes like violence & sexual offences or burglary, it's mostly just a long list of "Investigation complete; no suspect identified".
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Type your postcode in here to see local crime:

Crime

In my area, there's not a single court case listed, even for more serious crimes like violence & sexual offences or burglary, it's mostly just a long list of "Investigation complete; no suspect identified".
    That must be a relief.

Comment

Joking aside...

There is a crisis in law and order in this country and the media are looking the other way. The courts are too lenient, the prisons full and the police buried in paperwork and demoralised. Fortunately most of the crime is non-violent, we are a long way from being South Africa but we are walking that road.

I send my daughters to Krav Maga classes.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
        Joking aside...

There is a crisis in law and order in this country and the media are looking the other way. The courts are too lenient, the prisons full and the police buried in paperwork and demoralised. Fortunately most of the crime is non-violent, we are a long way from being South Africa but we are walking that road.

The courts are lenient because the prisons are full.

As long as you are intelligent enough to grove to the judiciary so showing remorse when brought before them there is no need to bang you up.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Odd.

It doesn't show the murder.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            Joking aside...

It needs some historical perspective. Is law and order better or worse now than in Victorian times? Consider also whether in the recent past there was a crisis in domestic violence and child sexual abuse that was largely ignored by the police, the courts and the media. It is very hard to tell whether there is more or less lawlessness these days or whether the nature of lawlessness has changed. Your mention of order is important. A fight in the streets is more an affront to order than an assault in a family home, but is it more serious?

Comment

Unless it's hate-speech - you'll get your house raided for that.
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Unless it's hate-speech - you'll get your house raided for that.
                Or if you wish somebody Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                  It needs some historical perspective. Is law and order better or worse now than in Victorian times? Consider also whether in the recent past there was a crisis in domestic violence and child sexual abuse that was largely ignored by the police, the courts and the media. It is very hard to tell whether there is more or less lawlessness these days or whether the nature of lawlessness has changed. Your mention of order is important. A fight in the streets is more an affront to order than an assault in a family home, but is it more serious?
                  The metropolitan police were only formed in 1829 so comparing to the Victorian era isn't meaningful. Quantative analysis of crime rates are compromised by political interference so estimates vary a lot from source to source, I think you need to look at the number of unsolved crimes to get a real picture. Domestic crime is a very hard one to solve in any society.

Crime levels have been decreasing since the police service was created but it looks to me that this trend has been broken, this should be enough to worry about.

Comment

Three crimes in my area.
                    Two for anti-social behaviour. Well, if that hadn't sworn so loudly as their lycra burned, no one would have charged them.
                    And one for arson. Who knew that lycra could spontaneously combust?
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X