• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avoid the USA in Q4

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Avoid the USA in Q4

Where is Chico BTW?
    VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia (AP) -- Evangelical broadcaster Pat Robertson said Tuesday that God has told him that a terrorist attack on the United States would cause a "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network.

"The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him about the impending tragedy during a recent prayer retreat.

God also said, he claims, that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.
    Drivel is my speciality

I think this is the real reason for the gloomy prediction -

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The head of the U.S. nuclear security agency has been forced to resign over management and security issues, Secretary of Energy Samuel Bodman said Thursday.

Bodman said he asked for the resignation of Linton Brooks, administrator of the National Nuclear Security Administration, because of issues including a "serious security breach" at the Los Alamos National Laboratory.

"The deputy secretary and I repeatedly have stressed to NNSA and laboratory management the importance of these issues being addressed, rectified and prevented in the future," said a statement issued by Bodman. "While I believe that the current NNSA management has done its best to address these concerns, I do not believe that progress in correcting these issues has been adequate."

Bodman said he decided "it is time for new leadership" at the NNSA.

"I repeatedly have told [Department of Energy] and laboratory employees, and in particular senior managers, we must be accountable to the president and the American people not just for efforts, but for results."

Brooks issued a statement to NNSA employees saying he will tender his resignation to President Bush "shortly" and depart within two to three weeks.

"On October 17 police in Los Alamos, New Mexico, found materials from the top-secret nuclear facility while searching a home during a drug raid.

An Office of Inspector General report on the incident said police found a computer flash drive that "contained apparent images of classified documents from the laboratory. Also found were several hundred pages of what appeared to be laboratory documents with classified markings."

The home belonged to a former employee of the laboratory.

"We found that the security framework relating to this incident ... was seriously flawed," the OIG said. "In a number of key areas, security policy was non-existent, applied inconsistently or not followed."

Security problems at Los Alamos first came to light in 1995, when researcher Wen Ho Lee was accused of giving nuclear warhead data to China. After a five-year investigation Lee pleaded guilty to a single count of mishandling classified information. (Full story)

In July 2004, 19 workers were placed on investigative leave after two computer disks containing classified information was thought to be missing. The security breach brought the lab to a standstill, and all employees were ordered to attend retraining sessions on facility security regulations.

Two months later four employees were fired and another resigned after it was discovered that classified electronic data had been removed from the facility.

Comment

Why would god bother to tell him?

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Why would god bother to tell him?
        I think Chico was busy at the time

Comment

Can someone tell me what is 'like nuclear' ??

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy

A Very Bad Hair Day

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy

UNCLEAR
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Look on the bright side. When everyone avoids the US in Q4 and nothing happens you could bag yourself a cheap as flight!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect
                  UNCLEAR

I love it.

Comment

Working...
                  X