• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England calls for 'super shield' against cyber attacks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of England calls for 'super shield' against cyber attacks

Interesting article from Reuters:

"LONDON (Reuters) - Britain may need to copy the United States in building a “super shield” against catastrophic cyber attacks or major IT glitches that could cripple the finance industry, a senior Bank of England official said on Tuesday."

Full report here:

Bank of England calls for 'super shield' against cyber attacks - Reuters

"Although yet to be tested in a real cyber event". Quite.

Most financial companies have issues keeping their regular systems going let alone faced with a cyber attack.

Stopping offshoring would help matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
      Interesting article from Reuters:

"LONDON (Reuters) - Britain may need to copy the United States in building a “super shield” against catastrophic cyber attacks or major IT glitches that could cripple the finance industry, a senior Bank of England official said on Tuesday."

Full report here:

Bank of England calls for 'super shield' against cyber attacks - Reuters
      Someone has been watching too many "Die Hard" films.
      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Or that Marvel bollux

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
          Or that Marvel bollux
          I recently saw a film advertised as the best avenger film yet. Does not say much for it really.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            Someone has been watching too many "Die Hard" films.
            Really???? You know this for a fact do you.

Brain the size of a planet and I still have to communicate with morons

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
              Really???? You know this for a fact do you.

Yeah mate, of course I do, heard it from a source familiar with the situation!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Yeah mate, of course I do, heard it from a source familiar with the situation!
                Good I must know him/her/insert gender here.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
                  Good I must know him/her/insert gender here.

Brain the size of a planet with sod all in there!
                  How do you figure that one out, using the same level of intellect and reasoning prowess you're exhibiting on the Brexit forum?

Comment

How do you figure that one out, using the same level of intellect and reasoning prowess you're exhibiting on the Brexit forum?
                    From what you have said your source must be in the same field as myself. A very unique and secretive field.

Comment

Working...
                    X