• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Booooom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Booooom

Finished last role end of March and decided to take a bit of time off to spend some time looking after my disabled wife. The last couple of days I've been with her at her company's annual conference as her carer. They had some break out sessions regarding some change projects they are considering; even though I was there as her carer, I ended up helping out and facilitating some sessions. The MD was around quite a bit .... anyway, last thing today, he approached me and asked me to join them as a contractor to lead the first phase of the change programme, and scope out and probably lead the second phase (if they approve the work).

Working from home. Same reduced days per week as my wife. Great company that I've known for years (wife has worked for them for donkey's years).

Boom, boom, boom
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
    Finished last role end of March and decided to take a bit of time off to spend some time looking after my disabled wife. The last couple of days I've been with her at her company's annual conference as her carer. They had some break out sessions regarding some change projects they are considering; even though I was there as her carer, I ended up helping out and facilitating some sessions. The MD was around quite a bit .... anyway, last thing today, he approached me and asked me to join them as a contractor to lead the first phase of the change programme, and scope out and probably lead the second phase (if they approve the work).

Working from home. Same reduced days per week as my wife. Great company that I've known for years (wife has worked for them for donkey's years).

Boom, boom, boom
    and your cat's got big bolloks?

FM - the ego has landed

Comment

Noice. Congrats.

Comment

Wow, way to go - what a wheeler-dealer you are!

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          Boom, boom, boom

Comment

Congratos.

Hardly comparable but reminds me of when I used to help out at the wife's school on odd days. They thought I was a genius when I fixed their printer, not knowing I'd just removed a drawing pin that had fallen into it from the notice board.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              and your cat's got big bolloks?

FM - the ego has landed

Looks like someone is feeling inadequate and needs a hug to turn that frown upside down

As for our cat, gonna be a shock to Cats Protection where we got her from, and the vet that performed the spaying, if we suddenly find out she also has bollox

Comment

You be like

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                  Wow, way to go - what a wheeler-dealer you are!
                  Haha, wasn't planned that way. I was only there to help the wife, but figured I might as well muck in and help the workshops move along. I was glad to help out for nothing (well, the bar was free in the evenings ) but even more glad they liked what they saw and think I can add some value going forwards

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X