• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is This a Record?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This a Record?

Got a call from a pimp this morning trolling for leads etc. Only ever did one gig through that particular agency and last spoke to him in....

2001!

Originally posted by Epiphone
    Got a call from a pimp this morning trolling for leads etc. Only ever did one gig through that particular agency and last spoke to him in....

2001!
    I got a call a few months back from an agent posing as a Kraft employee checking if their previous contractors were available for some work about to come up. I last worked there in 1997, sussed him after 0.5 seconds but played along for a bit out of interest and to see if I could suss out who he was working for but no joy.

Comment

Yep, took about a gnats fart for the "where are you working now"

"For any customer that comes a-knockin'"

"No, but who are you working for?"

"Myself, direct to the general public and maybe agencies if it's quiet.

"I don't understand. How does that work?"

And that, my pimpy friend, is why you'll always be a salesman clawing up the ladder of OTE wages and hairgel.

Comment

Working...
      X