• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I blame google

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame google

My spelling in recent years has gone down hill. I can't spell the simplest of things without resulting to spell checks and I blame google.

As a programmer I spend 95% of my time trying to find code to cut and paste, so I spend all day typing misspelled words and google magically understands and corrects me. But now I can't even type a simple sentence without at least two or three spelling mistakes.

Never mind I can't find my way to my local pub without a sat nav.

Is technology diminishing us as human being?

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
    My spelling in recent years has gone down hill. I can't spell the simplest of things without resulting to spell checks and I blame google.

As a programmer I spend 95% of my time trying to find code to cut and paste, so I spend all day typing misspelled words and google magically understands and corrects me. But now I can't even type a simple sentence without at least two or three spelling mistakes.

Copy and paste shirley

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
      Copy and paste shirley
      If I can stop other contractors pinching the code that I'm pinching then I much prefer cut and paste.

Comment

downhill

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          downhill
          Google has a lot to answer for.

Comment

Google has a lot to answer for.
            Google in itself is not a problem. It is the social context of poor education and widespread cretinism.

Comment

Yep, it's got so bad that at times even google can't work out what I am trying to spell, I then resort to voice commands to try and get close to what I want
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

My spelling in recent years has gone down hill.
                Which hill? Or did you mean downhill?

Don't blame google, blame the breeding.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  Which hill?

Or did you mean downhill?
                  Mind you don't cut yourself.

Comment

Whatever you do, don't rely on Google Translate....

Comment

Working...
                    X