• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knighthood for the services to retail...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knighthood for the services to retail...

“The perilous state of Sir Philip Green’s retail empire has been laid bare in a 312-page tome sent to landlords as the former “king of the high street” pleads with them to help save Arcadia from going bust.

The document reveals that Arcadia’s earnings have crashed from £215m to just £30m in the last five years – a fraction of the £100m of extra costs, including pension contributions and debt interest, it is on the hook for.

Arcadia has been battered as shoppers desert its tired stores in favour of online fast-fashion rivals, dragging down like-for-like sales by 9pc last year. The retailer blamed the “increasing switch from in-store to online shopping”, as well as aggressive discounting by competitors,...”

Source

Sell your fooking yacht first before pleading poverty

The 'online' shopping for clothes has never really rub off on me. Instead I wonder around the shops, seeing the colours touching the material first hand are all things I can't do online. Mrs Scooter prefers online shopping but 90% of stuff ordered gets sent back cause the shade of colour was not the same as on screen when ordered or the size not quite right.

I don't get it, surely it is much more efficient to go into town and wonder around the shops?

It costs 25 minutes and €13 for a network wide ticket into Munich that allows me to use the U-Bahn, S-Bahn, trams, buses, and can zoom across town with ease. Last I was in England it was, well there was no underground, no tram, but I could take the car and sit in traffic for ages on they way into Bath and pay £15 for parking afterward... an hour after I left the in-law's.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
    X