• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accenture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Accenture

Got a sniff of a job at Accenture. Should I immediately say no, remove my application or would it be worth a couple of years for the name on CV, training, experience etc ?
    Mate of mine left them to get his Mba and has just scored a job through an Accenture contact on 800/day + expenses and friday working from home. Heard a few horror stories but might even be worth trying for it, see if I can get it, then make a decision ?

Follow the money.

Comment

toss a coin

toss a coin

Comment

Is the job you are going for is a permie or contract... if contract go for it !!

If Permie is it for Accenture Technology Services or for Accenture Consuting? There is a big difference in terms and condition thought most do the same job... if the role for the consulting practice, again you can go for it the pay is good and you can negotiate around 70K (depends on your experience) obviously you'll get training, pension, health etc etc..

If the role for Accenture Technology Centre, forget it, its mainly cheap / slave workforce that does all the work (I think over 60% indians) and get paid peanust... only go for it if you are desperate...

Comment

Thanks Sandy, I will check that out. Job is permie (yeah I know about the board etc) advertised up to 80k (expect this is headline rate).
          I am only getting that much on contract without any benefits (apart from reduced tax) so has to be worth a look and I still think they hold some sway added to your CV. Will probably get a knockback anyway !

Comment

What kind of hours to you currently work? Do you have wife / kids / life, etc ? Being a droid and having an outside life are largely incompatible.

It's no good getting 70-80k if you have to work 70 hours a week.

Comment

Or be a .NET contractor and earn £80K working 40 hrs/week and then have 3 months off.

HTH

Comment

Hi Luke,

I worked for Accenture a couple of years ago. I took a permie gig with them cause I was sick of living away from home as a contractor.

It was for the Technical services, but based in Newcastle.

I have to say I really liked it. I slag Accenture off all the time, but I dont really mean it. I thnk it very much depends what kind of person you are, who you're working with, and what project you're on. My project was excellent, my boss was one of the nicest guys I've ever worked with, the work was really intresting, they DIDN'T expect me to be a drone or work stupid hours - just normal 8 hour days (they had the cheap indian lads over for the really bad hours!)

I really liked it.

For me though, it was too much of a climate change not being a contractor anymore, and I must admit I handed in my notice after 5 months. But this was only because I felt I'd sold out, and I couldn't get used to the monthly pittance of a wage (I was only on about £40k).
                Bless them though, they offerred me a promotion when I handed my notice in - I sometimes wonder whether I did the right thing actually.

You go for it - you can always leave! So whats the big deal? Contracting is always there for you.

Good luck mate.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
                  You go for it - you can always leave! So whats the big deal? Contracting is always there for you.

Good luck mate.
                  I was offered something similar last year, with PWC. They got me in to interview for a job which had no spec or salary.

I turned them down, the next week i saw the job go up on the all jobsites with all the information i gave them from interview, my work history, expericne, salary etc on the new job spec.

hahahaha, and there meant to be innovative ones!

Comment

I'm contracting with them at the moment and I have done a couple of contracts with them in their Andersen days. The current contract is a bit chaotic, the others were well run and the managers from those jobs have lead to various other work since and were decent lads ( and lasses ! ) on the whole. I think they are quite forgiving with Fridays and 'working from home' days if you are on a hard project with travel. The main downside is you lose control of where and when you work compared to contracting in a decent market when you can pick and choose. A possible upside is you can end up learning some new skills by being thrown in at the deep end on a project, I got into the SAP boom via that route with PWC.

Comment

Working...
                    X